** Fri 11/27 - Christmas TV listings - ALL CHANNELS ** Part 2 of 2
2020.11.27 04:00 SWGalaxysEdge ** Fri 11/27 - Christmas TV listings - ALL CHANNELS ** Part 2 of 2
all times Eastern USA - - check local listings. ...continued from Part 1 Dear Santa
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / LIF-E 38
A 24-year-old woman aimlessly drifts through life when she finds a letter to Santa that is written by a little girl and asks him to bring her daddy a new wife for Christmas, and the young woman decides that she will answer the request. Nine Lives of Christmas
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / HALMRK 68
When a handsome fireman adopts a stray cat as his own, a lovely veterinarian teaches him how to delicately care for the fragile new pet, which may also lead to unexpected romance for the single man and woman as they begin to bond. Two Turtle Doves
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / HALLMV 84
A doctor searches for a beloved family heirloom in a small Christmas town, but when she unexpectedly discovers an adorable little girl along with her disheartened father, she realizes that Christmas miracles really do happen. Phineas and Ferb - Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / DISNEYXD 122
Phineas and Ferb plan to turn the city of Danville into a flickering thank you card to Santa Claus; Dr. Doofenshmirtz creates a machine that turns people into naughty versions of themselves, prompting some North Pole investigators to check it out. The Office - Classy Christmas, Part 2
Tomorrow, 12:25 PM / CMDY-E 61
Michael is thrilled when Toby has to take a leave of absence and a replacement is sent in; Pam is forced to do a second Christmas party according to Michael's wishes; Jim regrets agreeing to a snowball fight with Dwight. The Office - Christmas Wishes
Tomorrow, 1:00 PM / CMDY-E 61
Andy attempts to brighten everyone's holidays for what he hopes will be the best Christmas ever by trying to grant the wishes of everyone in the office; Robert California seeks solace from his sorrows at the bottom of a drinking glass. ER - How the Finch Stole Christmas
Tomorrow, 1:00 PM / TVGC 178
Lucy struggles with a heart transplant patient, and is forced to look to Romano for help along the way; Carter gives away secret Santa gifts in exchange for guns; Reese has a change in plans; Carol is allowed to get some rest from motherhood. Holly Day
Tomorrow, 1:00 PM / SHO3XW 251
An uptight businesswoman who has spent her life thinking only of herself is forced to confront the ghosts of her past, present and future over the Christmas season as they shine on a light on her behavior and encourage her to change her ways. The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Story
Tomorrow, 1:30 PM / TVLAND 49
Andy empties the Mayberry jail in a gesture of goodwill for Christmas, unaware that the spiteful designs of Ben Weaver threaten to eclipse the festivities of the season unless Andy can find a way to impart some holiday cheer to the cranky codger. The Office - Dwight Christmas
Tomorrow, 1:30 PM / CMDY-E 61
When the party planning committee drops the ball, Dwight gets everyone to celebrate with a traditional Schrute German Christmas; Darryl fears Jim forgot his promise to take him along to the new job; Pete teaches Erin about his favorite movie. Almost Christmas
Tomorrow, 1:30 PM / FXX 82
After the death of his wife, the beloved patriarch of a dysfunctional family asks his entire family to join him for Christmas, but they must all spend five days together in the same house without bickering and fighting, which could prove difficult. DuckTales - Last Christmas!
Tomorrow, 1:30 PM / DISNEYXD 122
Scrooge decides to venture back in time in order to avoid the pressures of the holidays with a group of three ghosts and crash some of the greatest Christmas parties across history; Dewey joins forces with a young Donald Duck to find his mother. Christmas Reservations
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / LIF-E 38
An event coordinator at her family's Treeline Ski Resort finds herself questioning her reservations about love and life when she has a chance encounter with her former college sweetheart, who is widowed with two kids to care for during Christmas. The Office - A Benihana Christmas, Part 1
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / CMDY-E 61
Andy takes advantage of Michael's heartbreak during the holidays to get the guys out for a raucous lunch, leading them to bring two waitresses back to an office that has become divided between holiday parties being thrown by Angela, Pam and Karen. Sleigh Bells Ring
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A single mother hoping for a promotion to City Manager has little time to put together a successful town parade for Christmas, but a magical sleigh with a mind of its own and a knack for playing matchmaker could be everything she is looking for. Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / BET 71
When Madea is persuaded to help her friend pay her daughter a surprise visit during the festive holiday season in a rural country town, she subsequently doles out her distinctive form of holiday spirit on the small town. Friends - The One with Ross' Step Forward
Tomorrow, 2:04 PM / TBS 23
Mona wants to send joint Christmas cards with Ross and he feels that they're not ready to go that far; Chandler's boss wants to take him and Monica out for dinner; pregnancy makes Rachel's hormones flare up and they drive her to come on to Joey. The Office - A Benihana Christmas, Part 2
Tomorrow, 2:30 PM / CMDY-E 61
Andy takes Michael out for a raucous lunch after he is dumped by his girlfriend, and a pair of waitresses is taken back with them; tensions form on the party planning committee after Angela's attitude causes Pam and Karen to form their own party. Ask This Old House - Happy Holidays from AskTOH
Tomorrow, 2:30 PM / WEDU-DT6 618
/ CREATE / HDTVRoger discusses an alternative Christmas tree species; Richard explains what can and can't go down a garbage disposal after a big holiday dinner; Heath helps a homeowner stay safe while putting up a variety of Christmas lights. Friends - The One with Christmas in Tulsa
Tomorrow, 2:36 PM / TBS 23
Chandler finds himself stuck in Tulsa for the festivities of Christmas, and things get decidedly awkward for him whenever a co-worker begins to come onto him; Chandler decides to quit his job in order to return to New York with Monica. The Office - Christmas Party
Tomorrow, 3:00 PM / CMDY-E 61
Michael is forced to introduce liquor into the equation for the branch's annual Christmas party after his devious plans to dominate the gift-giving for a Secret Santa reveal an unfair bonus and ruin everyone's collective morale. The Star
Tomorrow, 3:00 PM / FOXMOV 83
A courageous, small donkey dreams of finding a better life, so he teams up with a sheep separated from her flock, an ambitious dove, and three camels, and together they follow a special Star, becoming unexpected heroes in the first Christmas ever. ER - I'll Be Home for Christmas
Tomorrow, 3:00 PM / TVGC 178
When Benton enters court in a battle for custody over Reese, he must decide where his priorities lie; Peter decides to resign after Romano refuses to give him a more even schedule; Greene deals with a young patient accidentally shot by his mother. This Christmas
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / OWN 24
Coming together for the first time after spending several years apart from one another, an estranged family reconnects to celebrate Christmas, where they do their best to overcome the squabbles that managed to keep them from seeing each other. Christmas Unwrapped
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / LIF-E 38
An ambitious reporter is given a career-changing opportunity when she is assigned to profile a man who uses mysterious funds to donate Christmas presents for the town every year, insisting that Santa Claus has always been his financial backer. Good Morning Christmas!
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / HALMRK 68
Two quarreling television hosts are sent on an assignment to report on a small town's festive Christmas celebration plans, but as they feign civility for the sake of appearance, something genuine starts to form from the fake act. The Night Before
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / FXX 82
As they enter adulthood, three childhood friends realize that their annual Christmas Eve reunion is coming to an end, with one becoming a father, so they make it their mission to find one of New York's best Christmas parties, the Nutcracka Ball. A Christmas for the Books
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / HALLMV 84
During a prestigious holiday gala, a lifestyle guru must prove that she is a romance expert while she is stuck in a love triangle. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tomorrow, 4:30 PM / FAM-E 52
The king of a macabre town that celebrates Halloween every day of the year finds himself bored with the dullness of the holiday, but when he happens upon a jovial town in a repetitive Christmas, he comes up with a misguided plan for his own village. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House
Tomorrow, 5:30 PM / HBOF-E 204
A young boy who proves himself to be extremely resourceful sneaks away from home on Christmas Eve to spend the holidays with his newly divorced father and his rich girlfriend and attempts to protect the mansion from thieving villains. A Christmas in Tennessee
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / LIF-E 38
When a real estate developer comes to White Pines, Tennessee, three bakers and the townspeople must find a way to prevent the man from building a ski resort on top of their town, but an unexpected visitor with a sweet-tooth may have a solution. Crown for Christmas
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A woman becomes a governess after being let go from her job at a hotel, but when she meets her new employer and his young daughter, who is known to cause trouble for authority figures, she discovers that they are European monarchs. A Veteran's Christmas
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / HALLMV 84
After a Marine is honorably discharged, she becomes stranded in a small town when her jeep breaks down on her way to Cincinnati, but when a local judge offers her a place to stay, the two find themselves falling in love Tanked: Tanksgiving - Holiday Mayhem
Tomorrow, 7:00 PM / ANIMAL 35
/ NewThe team splits up and heads to the food scenes in Vegas and Florida to spread Christmas cheer; a butcher block tank is created with hopes of vamping up a family's jerky store; a pub-themed tank is built for an Irish family bar. Krampus
Tomorrow, 7:25 PM / FOXMOV 83
When a young boy loses his Christmas spirit because of his family's squabbles, the ancient demon Krampus is unleashed, and the family must find a way to come together in order to save one another from the fearsome evil spirit Last Man Standing - The Gift of the Mike Guy
Tomorrow, 7:30 PM / WGNAMER 18
Mike struggles to find a special Christmas gift to give to Ed, who Mike believes already has everything that he could possibly want; Eve comes back for a visit and Vanessa helps the family remember the importance of family holiday traditions. Four Christmases
Tomorrow, 7:30 PM / AMCALL 64
Trying to avoid their parents during Christmas, a couple plans a secret trip and tells everyone they are helping a charity, but when the trip is interrupted, they must visit each of their divorced parents, which leads to trouble and revelations. Three's Company - Three's Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:30 PM / IFC 85
Jack, Chrissy and Janet accept an invitation to attend a Christmas party at the Ropers' place, but they quickly wish they hadn't and attempt to escape after they receive a last-minute invitation to a more exciting party. Blaze and the Monster Machines - Monster Machine Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:30 PM / NGN-E 125
Blaze and AJ offer their assistance to Santa as he gets his magical bag of gifts ready the night before Christmas, but when Crusher causes the contents of the bag to spill out, Blaze must get the presents back in time for Christmas morning. Arthur Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:38 PM / STRZFK 274
With a vital task that must be completed as quickly as possible, Santa's youngest son attempts to use his father's technologically advanced business to accomplish the undertaking, and along the way, he comes to further understand his family. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / WFLA-NG1 8
/ NBC / HDTVA mean-hearted hermit descends into an unsuspecting town, looking to act out his plan to ruin Christmas which involves stealing all of the presents, food and decorations, but he ends up learning the true meaning of the holiday instead. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / WFTS-DT 11
/ ABCA special delivery man's truck breaks down, so he starts to reveal the origin of Santa Claus and numerous Claus-related Christmas traditions in order to answer children's letters to the jolly man; children learn about Santa Claus' childhood. Dear Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / LIF-E 38
A popular podcast host known for being a love expert prepares for her holiday episodes where she shares true romance stories with her listeners, but despite the subject matter of her show, she has never experienced love herself. Everybody Loves Raymond - All I Want for Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / TVLAND 49
Things are hectic during the holidays, leaving Ray and Debra very little time alone and it seems the more Ray tries to promote a romantic mood, the more frequently they're interrupted, and not even the new "Magic Hands" massager can fix the problem. Five Star Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A travel writer arrives at a familys bed and breakfast unexpectedly, so they all try and pretend to be guests to try and get a good review, but things start to become complicated when one of them starts to fall in love with the guest. Romance at Reindeer Lodge
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / HALLMV 84
When two people refuse to participate in any Christmas events, they decide to spend the holiday at a ranch, but their plans are ruined after they realize that they are stranded at a Christmas-themed destination filled with holiday cheer. Peppa Pig - Father Christmas; Santa's Grotto; Santa's Visit; Mr. Potato Christmas Show; Snow
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / NGN-E 125
Peppa and the rest of the group put on a big Christmas pageant for the parents; When Danny Dog dresses up as Santa Clause, they get a visit from Father Christmas himself. A Christmas in Vermont
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / WTTA-SD 609
/ COZITV / HDTVA corporate employee is dispatched to one of her company's holdings and told to shut it down, but when she arrives at the Vermont outerwear store, she begins to fall in love and learns a precious lesson about people. Everybody Loves Raymond - The Toaster
Tomorrow, 8:30 PM / TVLAND 49
This Christmas Ray gets both sets of parents' a toaster with a personal inscription from them, and Debra's folks are thrilled with theirs, but Marie, Frank and Robert fail to notice the engraving and exchange it for a state-of-the-art coffee maker. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House
Tomorrow, 8:30 PM / HBOF-W 211
A young boy who proves himself to be extremely resourceful sneaks away from home on Christmas Eve to spend the holidays with his newly divorced father and his rich girlfriend and attempts to protect the mansion from thieving villains. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / WTOG-DT 4
/ CW / HDTVAs his parents try to keep from losing their store to the town's richest man, a boy begins his Christmas Eve on a quest to track down his missing grandmother and prove that Santa is real, but the real Santa is not quite what he expected. Everybody Loves Raymond - The Christmas Picture
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / TVLAND 49
Once again Raymond is desperate to come up with a Christmas gift for his parents, and when he hits on the idea of a family photograph, it seems the perfect plan, but Raymond fails to count on Marie and Debra's thoughts on who counts as "family." Biggest Little Christmas Showdown - Mini Mele Kalikimaka Christmas
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / HGTV 57
/ NewA group of miniaturists, people who make and collect miniature objects, competes to create tiny holiday homes and villages that boast a Christmastime theme, and the winning exhibit is to be recreated as a full-size vacation home. Holiday Baking Championship - Sweet Surprises
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / COOKING 91
The bakers create a dessert that is inspired be a classic Christmas sweater that is ugly as well; the main round of the competition features the bakers showing off what they can do by making edible gift boxes filled with desserts inside Everybody Loves Raymond - Christmas Present
Tomorrow, 9:30 PM / TVLAND 49
All Ray wants for Christmas is a chance to tee off on a new course he's been dying to play and devises a plan to get Debra an extra expensive gift believing she'll be overwhelmed and allow him a golfing weekend, but doesn't see the flaw in his plan Everybody Loves Raymond - Season's Greetings
Tomorrow, 10:00 PM / TVLAND 49
Marie is jealous when a Christmas letter from a relative seems to rub in how wonderful her life and family are, listing all their accomplishments for the year, so not to be out done, Marie gets Debra to help with a holiday update of their own. Martha Knows Best - Have Yourself a Very Martha Christmas
Tomorrow, 10:00 PM / HGTV 57
/ NewHost Martha Stewart conducts a wide variety of home and gardening projects at her farm, which is located in Upstate New York, as well as gives fans and celebrity friends her advice regarding their home and gardening projects. Christmas in Montana
Tomorrow, 10:00 PM / HALLMV 84
A woman goes to Montana to help a resistant man save his ranch before the holidays, and her time on the ranch helps restore her faith in Christmas just in time for a miracle. Holiday Baking Championship - Christmas Morning
Tomorrow, 10:00 PM / COOKING 91
The remaining quartet of culinary survivors are given a chance to recreate the classic childhood feeling of waking up on Christmas morning with a challenge to craft edible dessert stockings before constructing cream puff Christmas trees. A Timeless Christmas
Tomorrow, 10:03 PM / HALMRK 68
A man ends up traveling from 1903 to 2020 and meets a woman who helps him experience what Christmastime is like in the 21st century. Christmas Hotel
Tomorrow, 10:05 PM / LIF-E 38
An aspiring hotel manager finds her work cut out for her when her boss tasks her with opening a new chain in her small hometown, where residents are displeased with the company, so she turns to an old childhood friend for help winning them over. Bad Santa 2
Tomorrow, 11:00 PM / CMDY-E 61
Willie Soke and his sidekick, Marcus, make plans to rob a Chicago charity on Christmas Eve, and along the way, they encounter Willie's mother, a cheery boy, who evokes Willie's humanity, and a proper lady with a heart of gold. In the House - Christmas Story
Tomorrow, 11:00 PM / ASPIRE 180
The children band together to make sure that the entire family celebrates the Christmas holiday together. The King of Queens - Net Prophets
Tomorrow, 11:30 PM / TVLAND 49
Doug receives a sizeable bonus for Christmas, and Carrie refuses to entertain any option besides investment; Arthur gets into a heated competition with the neighbors over which of them can build the biggest yard ornament for the holidays. Big City Greens - Green Christmas
Tomorrow, 11:30 PM / DISNEYXD 122
Tilly tries to warn Cricket on Christmas Eve that he may not have a place on Santa's "Nice List," which prompts him to perform last-minute good deeds; Gramma and Nancy brainstorm various things to get Bill as a holiday gift.
submitted by SWGalaxysEdge
to christmas [link] [comments]
2020.11.21 00:49 SWGalaxysEdge ** Sat 11/21 - Christmas TV listings - ALL CHANNELS **
all times Eastern USA - check your local listings Christmas in Rome
Tomorrow, 12:00 AM / HALMRK 68
A tour guide gets fired from her job in Rome just before Christmas, but after she crosses paths with an executive who wants to buy a high-end company, he decides to hire her as his tour guide to show him around the city. Christmas Tree Lane
Tomorrow, 12:00 AM / HALLMV 84
A talented pianist, singer, and songwriter, who no longer performs, shares her love of music with the voice students she teaches in the loft above her fathers music store on Christmas Tree Lane, which has struggled over the years. A Taste of Christmas
Tomorrow, 12:01 AM / LIF-E 38
After learning her cousin has to cancel the Christmas Eve launch of her new restaurant, a woman tries to find a way to make the opening happen, but she must convince the restaurant chef they can pull it off with three days until Christmas. Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus
Tomorrow, 12:55 AM / HBOF-E 204
A newspaper writer deals with the sudden death of his wife and finds himself down in the dumps until a young girl sends a letter to the paper asking if Santa is real that causes him to reevaluate his feelings in order to find the greater good in his Great Performances - Irving Berlin's Holiday Inn: The Broadway Musical
Tomorrow, 1:30 AM / WEDU-DT 3
/ PBS / HDTV The Broadway adaptation of the classic 1942 movie musical "Holiday Inn," showcases the score by Irving Berlin, with big dance numbers, comedy and a hit parade of some of the songwriter's famous songs, including the Oscar-winning "White Christmas." The Christmas Cure
Tomorrow, 2:00 AM / HALMRK 68
When a doctor returns home for the holidays to the news that her dad is retiring, she faces a dilemma when a reunion with her high school sweetheart and Christmas emotions cause her to contemplate taking over her family's practice. Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane
Tomorrow, 2:00 AM / HALLMV 84
When a woman returns to her hometown in order to celebrate the holidays for the last time in the home she grew up in, she discovers a hidden surprise in her mother's antique desk which teaches her the true meaning of Christmas Biggest Little Christmas Showdown
Tomorrow, 2:01 AM / HGTV 57
A group of miniaturists, people who make and collect miniature objects, competes to create tiny holiday homes and villages that boast a Christmastime theme, and the winning exhibit is to be recreated as a full-size vacation home A Very Charming Christmas Town
Tomorrow, 2:06 AM / LIF-E 38
A travel and lifestyle blogger heads to a small Danish town in California to write about their extravagant Christmas celebration, but she clashes with the local community coordinator assigned to give her a tour of the village. South Park - Bike Parade
Tomorrow, 2:30 AM / CMDY-E 61
After Kenny makes the choice to opt out of participating in South Park's Bike Parade, the other boys' chance of winning is threatened; the workers at the Amazon Fulfillment Center continue to strike, so no one gets their Christmas packages delivered. Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus
Tomorrow, 3:55 AM / HBOF-W 211
A newspaper writer deals with the sudden death of his wife and finds himself down in the dumps until a young girl sends a letter to the paper asking if Santa is real that causes him to reevaluate his feelings in order to find the greater good in his A Wish for Christmas
Tomorrow, 4:00 AM / HALMRK 68
An office worker watches silently as her idea for a Christmas sales initiative is stolen and then gets a visit from Santa Claus, who asks her to make a wish, and when she wishes for courage her desire is granted, but only for 48 hours. A Christmas Visitor
Tomorrow, 4:00 AM / HALLMV 84
A family has not celebrated Christmas in 11 years after losing their son in the Persian Gulf War, but a stranger that is the same age as he would have been arrives at their house to help them find faith again and celebrate the holidays. Living Single - Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow ... Dammit
Tomorrow, 4:00 AM / MTV2-E 126
Overton invites the crew to spend Christmas at his family cabin in Canada, but the secluded area has now become a tourist attraction with a theme park and is nowhere close to the memories that he used to have as a child with his family. My Best Friend's Christmas
Tomorrow, 4:20 AM / SHOWOM 244
When a woman returns home for the holidays hoping to reconnect with her high school sweetheart, she meets his new girlfriend, so to escape the embarrassment, she and her best friend fake their own holiday romance, but her fake feelings turn real. Ask This Old House - Happy Holidays from AskTOH
Tomorrow, 5:30 AM / WEDU-DT 3
/ PBS / HDTV Roger discusses an alternative Christmas tree species; Richard explains what can and can't go down a garbage disposal after a big holiday dinner; Heath helps a homeowner stay safe while putting up a variety of Christmas lights. Martin - Scrooge
Tomorrow, 6:00 AM / VH-1E 62
During the Christmas season, a group of holiday ghosts pays the unsuspecting, grumpy Martin a much-needed visit in a dramatic and frightening attempt to bring him an abundance of holiday cheer and lift his spirits off of the ground. Christmas Land
Tomorrow, 6:00 AM / HALMRK 68
A businesswoman inherits a Christmas village and tree farm from her grandmother, and after revisiting the run-down attraction with the town's handsome lawyer, she begins to reconsider her plans for the property and her future. Christmas Wonderland
Tomorrow, 6:00 AM / HALLMV 84
When an art curator returns to her small hometown to babysit her niece and nephew, she has to work with her high school sweetheart to plan the high school dance and rediscovers her passion for painting, but she is torn by her life in the big city. PAW Patrol - Pups Save a Bah Humdinger!
Tomorrow, 7:00 AM / NIC-E 36
Mayor Humdinger is being very naughty on Christmas Eve and it's up to the Paw Patrol to help Santa and save Christmas. Prancer Returns
Tomorrow, 7:00 AM / FAM-E 52
When an eight-year-old boy finds a baby reindeer, he believes that it is one of Santa Clau's reindeer, named Prancer, and he wants to return him to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve, thus teaching his family the true meaning of Christmas. American Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:20 AM / SHOWOM 244
After another Christmas dinner is ruined, a woman takes a close look at her family and decides to make each member of the family confront their pasts in the hope that surprise guests will inspire her loved ones to turn their lives around. My Best Friend's Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:20 AM / SHOWMW 252
When a woman returns home for the holidays hoping to reconnect with her high school sweetheart, she meets his new girlfriend, so to escape the embarrassment, she and her best friend fake their own holiday romance, but her fake feelings turn real. Santiago of the Seas - A Pirate Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:30 AM / NIC-E 36
Santiago and crew must help Santa save Christmas Christmas in Homestead
Tomorrow, 8:00 AM / HALMRK 68
A famous actress comes to a Christmas-obsessed small town in Iowa to shoot a holiday-themed movie and is surprised to find herself falling for a local innkeeper who is also a single father as she receives a lesson in the true meaning of Christmas. Tis the Season for Love
Tomorrow, 8:00 AM / HALLMV 84
A young woman who left her small town to become an actress on Broadway tries to conceal her lack of success while visiting for Christmas, but when she shares the truth with someone special, she must choose between chasing her dream and staying home. Three's Company - Three's Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:00 AM / LOGO 147
Jack, Chrissy and Janet accept an invitation to attend a Christmas party at the Ropers' place, but they quickly wish they hadn't and attempt to escape after they receive a last-minute invitation to a more exciting party. Santa's Apprentice
Tomorrow, 9:10 AM / FAM-E 52
When the time comes for Santa to retire, he is forced to choose a child to take his place, but when a little boy appears to be the perfect fit for the job, Santa reconsiders whether he should train the youngster to take over his Christmas duties. PAW Patrol - Pups Save a Bah Humdinger!
Tomorrow, 9:30 AM / NGN-E 125
/ New Mayor Humdinger is being very naughty on Christmas Eve and it's up to the Paw Patrol to help Santa and save Christmas. Top Elf - Tis the Season to be Top Elf
Tomorrow, 9:30 AM / THEN 140
For the second time in history, Santa Claus transports seven extraordinary elf contestants to the North Pole to compete for the title of Top Elf, and social media star Addison Rae joins Santa and Ms. Jingles to judge life-sized advent calendar. Sleigh Bells Ring
Tomorrow, 10:00 AM / HALMRK 68
A single mother hoping for a promotion to City Manager has little time to put together a successful town parade for Christmas, but a magical sleigh with a mind of its own and a knack for playing matchmaker could be everything she is looking for. Christmas in Angel Falls
Tomorrow, 10:00 AM / HALLMV 84
A guardian angel is assigned to the town of Angel Falls in order to help the residents revitalize their Christmas spirit, but when she volunteers at the local church, she befriends a volunteer fire chief, who is skeptical of her purpose. Santiago of the Seas - A Pirate Christmas
Tomorrow, 10:00 AM / NGN-E 125
/ New Santiago and crew must help Santa save Christmas. The Magic Snowflake
Tomorrow, 10:45 AM / FAM-E 52
A young boy named Nicholas is about to become the next Santa Claus but must first avoid a crisis that's threatening the magic of Christmas before he can succeed in his new role. Forever Christmas
Tomorrow, 11:00 AM / LIF-E 38
A reality television producer is assigned to work on a holiday-themed series about a mysterious man who enjoys a year-round celebration of Christmas, but when she feels a romantic interest in him, she feels a newfound sense of the Christmas spirit. Maude - The Office Party
Tomorrow, 11:00 AM / WTSP-DT2 610
/ ATV Walter hosts a Christmas party for his employees at his house, but as they get progressively more relaxed, they reveal that they are about to join a union, and when he makes plans to fire them he learns Maude is on their side. Chateau Christmas
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A world-renowned pianist returns to Chateau Newhaus to spend the holidays with her family and find her passion for music again, but while she is there, her ex-boyfriend and former bandmate convince her to headline the annual Christmas concert. Small Town Christmas
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / HALLMV 84
When a young female novelist travels to the hometown of the man who inspired her to write her bestselling book, but who also hurt her feelings by standing her up, she reconnects with an old boyfriend and helps restore the town's Christmas traditions. Operation Style - Christmas Bazaar
Tomorrow, 12:00 PM / LIFRW 143
Host and professional designer Bradley Bayou showcases a woman and her friends who have made a number of crafts, including ornaments, to sell at the local Christmas bazaar in order to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. The Spirit of Christmas
Tomorrow, 12:30 PM / LIF-E 38
A lawyer trying to sell an old inn discovers it's haunted, but after she meets the ghost, who died 95 years prior but takes human form 12 days before Christmas, she becomes determined to help him solve the mystery of his death so he can move on. Operation Style - Holiday Cookies
Tomorrow, 12:30 PM / LIFRW 143
An extremely busy mother of two young boys needs some extra help with creating a few special Christmas gift boxes filled with her homemade holiday treats for her parents and her in-laws, who are living on the East Coast. The Facts of Life - Christmas Baby
Tomorrow, 1:00 PM / WTSP-DT2 610
/ ATV Blair's mother, Monica, arrives to the girls' home on Christmas Eve for a visit, even though she is in the late stages of her pregnancy; Monica unexpectedly goes into labor and gives birth to a baby girl, whom she names Bailey, on Christmas morning. Friends - The One with Chandler in a Box
Tomorrow, 1:00 PM / TBS 23
Chandler accepts his punishment for kissing Kathy by spending Thanksgiving inside a shipping crate; Monica finds that Richard's son is also attracted to her; the gang takes turns giving each other Secret Santa gifts for the holidays A Date By Christmas Eve
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / LIF-E 38
A brand-strategist makes it her goal to turn all the naughty people good after she receives magical powers from a popular dating app she works for, but her good-hearted plans go awry when her neighbor accidentally ends up on the naughty list. Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A few weeks before Christmas, a woman decides to pursue her passion for interior design and gets hired to decorate the estate of a local businessman and finish before Christmas Eve, but she must work to break down the wall between her and the client. Northern Lights of Christmas
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM / HALLMV 84
When a pilot inherits her uncle's reindeer farm in Alaska, she makes plans to sell the place and buy her own plane, but after she meets the farm's handsome ranch hand and the resident reindeers, they find themselves falling for each other. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House
Tomorrow, 2:10 PM / HBOF-E 204
A young boy who proves himself to be extremely resourceful sneaks away from home on Christmas Eve to spend the holidays with his newly divorced father and his rich girlfriend and attempts to protect the mansion from thieving villains. The Christmas Experience - Behind The Scenes Part 1
Tomorrow, 3:00 PM / TRI 131
An important truth that we discover as we experience Christmas is that God always keeps His promises and that we can always trust God's timing, and discover as well what it truly means to experience Christmas. A Very Country Christmas Homecoming
Tomorrow, 3:00 PM / UP 145
A couple returns home after their honeymoon to prepare for their first Christmas as a family, but their perfect holiday plans are threatened when the woman's former father-in-law shows up out of the blue and makes things complicated. Dear Secret Santa
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / LIF-E 38
When a young woman named Jennifer moves back into her childhood home, she's immediately reminded of Jack, an old friend who's recently passed away, and thoughts of him only increase when Jennifer begins to receive curious Christmas cards in the mail. I'm Not Ready for Christmas
Tomorrow, 4:00 PM / HALLMV 84
When a holiday wish causes a dishonest businesswoman, who has become less compassionate while ambitiously pursuing a career in advertising, to lose her ability to hide the truth, she must rediscover her sincerity while reckoning with her lies. A Star For Christmas
Tomorrow, 5:00 PM / UP 145
The only thing going right in a woman's life is her Christmas Cupcakery business, until she falls head over heels in love with a co-worker who reveals himself to be a famous, but troubled actor; they work to defy the odds against their relationship. Jingle All the Way
Tomorrow, 5:01 PM / TNT 33
A mattress salesman with the habit of putting his work ahead of his family scrambles around the city fighting crowds and other overzealous parents in a desperate search for the prized toy of the year, a Turbo Man, for his attention-starved son. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House
Tomorrow, 5:10 PM / HBOF-W 211
A young boy who proves himself to be extremely resourceful sneaks away from home on Christmas Eve to spend the holidays with his newly divorced father and his rich girlfriend and attempts to protect the mansion from thieving villains. Friends - The One with Christmas in Tulsa
Tomorrow, 5:30 PM / WTOG-DT 4
/ CW / HDTV Chandler finds himself stuck in Tulsa for the festivities of Christmas, and things get decidedly awkward for him whenever a co-worker begins to come onto him; Chandler decides to quit his job in order to return to New York with Monica. Christmas on Ice
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / LIF-E 38
A former figure skater tries to reignite her community's joy in the little things by asking the kids she teaches in skating class to help her organize a Christmas carnival, and she unexpectedly finds herself falling for one of their benefactors. Four Christmases
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / AMCALL 64
Trying to avoid their parents during Christmas, a couple plans a secret trip and tells everyone they are helping a charity, but when the trip is interrupted, they must visit each of their divorced parents, which leads to trouble and revelations. A Timeless Christmas
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A man ends up traveling from 1903 to 2020 and meets a woman who helps him experience what Christmastime is like in the 21st century. Christmas at Graceland
Tomorrow, 6:00 PM / HALLMV 84
When an executive takes a trip to finish a deal involving a family-owned bank, she runs into her former flame turned music promoter, but when the two rehash their old days of performing together, the businesswoman finds herself drawn to the past. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
Tomorrow, 6:50 PM / HBOZ-E 206
After accidentally burning down Harold's father-in-law's prize Christmas tree, Harold and Kumar embark on a quest to find the perfect replacement in New York City, but along the way, they run into all types of trouble blocking their path. Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
Tomorrow, 7:00 PM / TNT 33
When Madea is persuaded to help her friend pay her daughter a surprise visit during the festive holiday season in a rural country town, she subsequently doles out her distinctive form of holiday spirit on the small town. Mistletoe Magic
Tomorrow, 7:00 PM / UP 145
A woman who considers herself to be anti-Christmas realizes she has given away the mistletoe that her family has cherished for years, so she asks for the help of an old friend to get it back while he attempts to show her the true magic of Christmas. Keeping Up Appearances - 1991 Christmas Special: The Fatherchristmas Suit
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / WEDU-DT 3
/ PBS Hyacinth decides that Richard is the perfect candidate to dress up as Father Christmas and hand out gifts to the elderly at church, but Richard is so embarrassed by the costume that he becomes drunk just before the event Feliz NaviDAD
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / LIF-E 38
After losing his wife around Christmas a few years ago, a widowed father has lost his love for the holiday season, and he avoids anything related to Christmas, but his siter and his teenage daughter are determined to bring his yuletide spirit back. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / AMCALL 64
Members of an eccentric family attempt to create the perfect holiday by inviting all their relatives over for a long visit, but the plan turns into a complete disaster after a series of mishaps occur that involve a cat and Christmas lights. A Nashville Christmas Carol
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A TV producer becomes forced to work with the man who broke her heart on a country music Christmas special, but she gets interrupted by Christmas spirits who are determined to get her to revisit events that occurred in her past. Angel Falls: A Novel Holiday
Tomorrow, 8:00 PM / HALLMV 84
A book editor must work with a former rival in order to help a potential writer find her way, and he reminds them about the Christmas spirit and the value of community. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Tomorrow, 8:45 PM / FAM-E 52
A spiteful, heartless creature concocts a plan to disguise himself as Santa Claus and steal Christmas from the happy town that lies beneath his mountain abode, but it is he who is in for a surprise when Christmas morning finally dawns. Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / TNT 33
When Madea is persuaded to help her friend pay her daughter a surprise visit during the festive holiday season in a rural country town, she subsequently doles out her distinctive form of holiday spirit on the small town. Raven's Home - Bah Humbugged
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / DIS-E 40
Booker experiences a vision about his parents reuniting over the holidays and attempts to reproduce each of the family's Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanza traditions in the hopes of setting the mood; Raven and Garrett confront each other. A Christmas Movie Christmas
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / UP 145
A woman loves to watch Christmas movies, and dreams of having a idyllic movie-like relationship with the perfect man, and her cynical sister thinks nothing is that great, but the next morning they realize they have woken up inside a Christmas movie. November Christmas
Tomorrow, 9:00 PM / HALLDRMHD 1124
/ HDTV Newcomers to a small Rhode Island community, a family must deal with the serious illness of their 8-year-old daughter, with the help of their neighbors they manage to create a magical Halloween and Christmas for the girl several weeks early. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
Tomorrow, 9:50 PM / HBOZ-W 213
After accidentally burning down Harold's father-in-law's prize Christmas tree, Harold and Kumar embark on a quest to find the perfect replacement in New York City, but along the way, they run into all types of trouble blocking their path. Christmas in Vienna
Tomorrow, 10:00 PM / HALMRK 68
A concert violinist starts to feel that her heart not in it anymore, but after she decides to travel to Vienna for a performance, she finds the inspiration she felt had been missing, and she also stumbles across a new love. Christmas Unwrapped
Tomorrow, 10:03 PM / LIF-E 38
An ambitious reporter is given a career-changing opportunity when she is assigned to profile a man who uses mysterious funds to donate Christmas presents for the town every year, insisting that Santa Claus has always been his financial backer. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Tomorrow, 10:15 PM / AMCALL 64
Members of an eccentric family attempt to create the perfect holiday by inviting all their relatives over for a long visit, but the plan turns into a complete disaster after a series of mishaps occur that involve a cat and Christmas lights. Call Me Claus
Tomorrow, 11:00 PM / TNT 33
A producer at a home shopping channel decides to hire a Santa Claus for the network, but she doesn't realize that he is the real deal until he begins to groom her to be his replacement as the jolly representative of Christmas
submitted by SWGalaxysEdge
to christmas [link] [comments]
2020.11.17 17:23 ladyofthelathe [Meta] Glad I found this sub - you guys are great!
| || | submitted by ladyofthelathe to cowboyboots [link] [comments]
I was born a Dallas suburb girl during the 70s cowboy trend, moved to Oklahoma... was raised by parents who listened to the BeeGees and Abba. SE Oklahoma was a wasteland for me in terms of music and general culture. I loved horses, loved boots, had no desire to go to rodeos or wear the cowboy fashion in the 70s, or in the late 80s/early 90s when it came back around. Started dating a guy who at the time would go to BillyBobs in Ft. Worth with a friend who rode bulls and would 'pull rope' for him.
One of our dates was to go to the local rodeo. I bought a pair of navy blue Justin ropers, a mint green blouse, a pair of Rocky jeans, and a belt/buckle, all on last chance clearance sale... Kinda liked it. Another year goes buy, same BF, we're going out dancing on the weekends to the 'country' clubs. Boots became my every day footwear. I wore out many a pair of Justin lace-ups.
Quit wearing them in the mid-90s, had more 'professional' jobs that didn't allow for boots and jeans. 20 years go by... and we end up buying 105 acres, building a house... and getting cattle. Then horses... then boots (Sacrificial Ariats) became a necessity, then I messed around and tried on a pair of Lucchese ostrich skin boots in Wyoming. I think I have something like 7 pairs now. Probably none that are collectible. I don't see giving them up this time when the trend begins to fade. They're more than fashion for me - though I have some that are all about fashion, for sure.
I absolutely love seeing the boots here, and being a very tactile person who enjoys bringing leather back to life, it makes me smile to imagine what that leather or exotic hide must feel like, or how it smells. You guys have been a fun sub to lurk at.
If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend a trip to M.L. Leddy's in Fort Worth (Stockyards District). I bought one of their saddles in N. Texas as a barn find, took it to them to be restored. Tony (If he's still there) is a stellar gentleman and we were given a tour of the shop, including the third floor saddle making area. They still use machinery from the turn of the century, they still hand tool every saddle. The variety of handcrafted boots is jaw dropping and they're huge believers in old school treatment of customers. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks for being a great sub, guys. Sorry so long. Pic below of sacrificial Ariats and... a young laying hen. https://preview.redd.it/35uj4mndttz51.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6553ebf6c9a1ca97c2478f23f47e11840882bd15
2020.11.08 15:45 prettypressonnails 2 months together and seems like he’s exiting the honeymoon stage.
He says he’s in love with me and if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be with me anymore. We are both older- he’s mid 50’s and I’m nearly 50. We are both in good health and still attractive. The trouble is he has struggled with ED pretty much from the beginning. He’s been single for probably 10 years and hasn’t experienced a woman as sexually open and comfortable as me. I’m very sexual when in love, and he seemingly just wants to cuddle.
I feel like Peg Bundy. Helen Roper...
He has managed to release only twice, and only instigated sex the first couple of dates but even then, he couldn’t climax.
Maybe I’m in the wrong sub? BUT THIS IS BREAKING MY HEART. I’m not getting any younger, and I crave to spend my last active years embracing every day with the man I love. I’ve never done complacency anyway, but this is truly killing me.
We have talked about it. The conversation was disturbing, painful and stressful for us both but we managed to be in the same page as far as looking into naturopathic remedies for him.
I’m able to be sensitive to his feeling like he’s substandard due to it. He said he used to be the overly sexually active one back when he was younger, and he was always getting turned down. He says he feels bad for me. That hurts me too, thinking of him craving it before but now with me, he’s practically running away.
I feel like a selfish person for wanting to leave if the herbal remedies won’t help. If he was wanting to be sexual in other ways together outside of intercourse, I’d stay. But, he literally isn’t interested in still pleasing me/sharing sexual intimate energy together it would seem. I’m completely cut off and denied. Staying without any solution would hurt too much. Having to hold back long term expressing my love physically would be excruciating.
submitted by prettypressonnails
to heartbreak [link] [comments]
2020.11.07 08:00 libertasbella Robert Heinlein Quotes on Life, Guns, and More
| || | submitted by libertasbella to heinlein [link] [comments]
Alongside Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke, Robert A. Heinlein represents the third of the “Big Three” science fiction authors. While his genre is arguably best known for far-fetched contrivances and other elements that would look right at home in a fantasy novel, Heinlein is revered for pioneering the “hard” science fiction subgenre that puts logic and scientific accuracy in the front seat.
Heinlein was born in Butler, Missouri in 1907. His family took pride in having sent a man to every American war dating right back to the original. While young Heinlein loved astronomy and literature, his aspiration had always been to join the United States Navy. Unfortunately his older brother’s enrollment at the United States Naval Academy prevented Heinlein from attending at the same time, but he was finally admitted in 1925.
Heinlein studied engineering at naval academy, and continued on to work in radio communications aboard the then state-of-the-art aircraft carrier USS Lexington. Afterward he served as a gunnery officer aboard the destroyer USS Roper, another highly technical role that would color his later fictive work.
Pulmonary tuberculosis ended Heinlein’s naval career prematurely in 1934. He proceeded to work in real estate, silver mining, and Upton Sinclair’s socialist End Poverty in California movement. Heinlein finally ran as a Democrat for the California State Assembly. Following his defeat he turned to writing as his main source of income – which proved a wise move.
Heinlein wrote “Life-Line” to enter in a contest held by Astounding Science Fiction, but wound up selling it to the magazine for far more than the grand prize payout. The novelist went on to publish several critically acclaimed best sellers including The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a Strange Land, Double Star, and Citizen of the Galaxy, although thanks to its 1997 film adaptation his best known work shall always be Starship Troopers. (It is interesting to note that Starship Troopers the novel contained none of the satirical treatment of fascism and war propaganda – these were the filmmakers’ additions.)
Heinlein held a broad range of political and philosophical views. Attempting to glean all of them from his writing is difficult, as his views shifted throughout the course of his lifetime and he contradicted himself on occasion. In his article “Robert Heinlein at 100,” Brian Doherty describes Heinlein’s worldview thusly:
That iconoclastic vision is at the heart of Heinlein, science fiction, libertarianism, and America. Heinlein imagined how everything about the human world, from our sexual mores to our religion to our automobiles to our government to our plans for cultural survival, might be flawed, even fatally so.
While his politics evolved from liberal to increasingly conservative over the course of his lifetime, Heinlein always considered himself a radical libertarian. His futuristic adventures often emphasized the necessity of individualism, and his themes of personal freedom and free thought have found a common audience among hippies and staunch libertarians alike.
We also have Heinlein to thank for the epithet “moonbat.” Heinlein Quotes
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
“Whether the authorities be invaders or merely local tyrants, the effect of such [gun control] laws is to place the individual at the mercy of the state, unable to resist.”
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”
“A prude is a person who thinks that his own rules of propriety are natural laws.”
“Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.”
“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.”
“There is no worse tyranny than to force a man.”
“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot
“Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect.”
“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.”
“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.” Stranger in a Strange Land Quotes
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
“Secrecy begets tyranny.”
“Consider the black widow spider. It’s a timid little beastie, useful and, for my taste, the prettiest of the arachnids, with its shiny, patent-leather finish and its red hourglass trademark. But the poor thing has the fatal misfortune of possessing enormously too much power for its size. So everybody kills it on sight.”
“But goodness alone is never enough. A hard, cold wisdom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil.”
“If you’ve got the truth you can demonstrate it. Talking doesn’t prove it.”
“Thinking doesn’t pay. Just makes you discontented with what you see around you.”
“I never do anything I don’t want to do. Nor does anyone, but in my case I am always aware of it.”
“My dear, I used to think I was serving humanity … and I pleasured in the thought. Then I discovered that humanity does not want to be served; on the contrary it resents any attempt to serve it. So now I do what pleases myself.”
“Most neuroses and some psychoses can be traced to the unnecessary and unhealthy habit of daily wallowing in the troubles and sins of five billion strangers.”
“Its very variety, subtlety, and utterly irrational, idiomatic complexity makes it possible to say things in English which simply cannot be said in any other language.”
“He’s an honest politician – he stays bought.”
“Faith strikes me as intellectual laziness.”
“Government! Three fourths parasitic and the other fourth stupid fumbling.” Robert Heinlein Quotes Specialization
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” Robert Heinlein Quotes Celebrities
“The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously – after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important … so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be both ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth.” Robert Heinlein Quotes on Life, Guns, and More originally appeared in Thought Grenades, the blog on LibertasBella.com.
2020.10.30 14:44 ILikeMultipleThings Lord of the Rings Forward and Concerning Hobbits
Lord of the Rings Forward and Concerning Hobbits
This tale grew in the telling, until it became a history of the Great War of the Ring and included many glimpses of the yet more ancient history that preceded it. It was begun soon after The Hobbit was written and before its publication in 1937; but I did not go on with this sequel, for I wished first to complete and set in order the mythology and legends of the Elder Days, which had then been taking shape for some years. I desired to do this for my own satisfaction, and I had little hope that other people would be interested in this work, especially since it was primarily linguistic in inspiration and was begun in order to provide the necessary background of 'history' for Elvish tongues. When those whose advice and opinion I sought corrected little hope to no hope, I went back to the sequel, encouraged by requests from readers for more information concerning hobbits and their adventures. But the story was drawn irresistibly towards the older world, and became an account, as it were, of its end and passing away before its beginning and middle had been told. The process had begun in the writing of The Hobbit, in which there were already some references to the older matter: Elrond, Gondolin, the High-elves, and the orcs, as well as glimpses that had arisen unbidden of things higher or deeper or darker than its surface: Durin, Moria, Gandalf, the Necromancer, the Ring. The discovery of the significance of these glimpses and of their relation to the ancient histories revealed the Third Age and its culmination in the War of the Ring. Those who had asked for more information about hobbits eventually got it, but they had to wait a long time; for the composition of The Lord of the Rings went on at intervals during the years 1936 to 1949, a period in which I had many duties that I did not neglect, and many other interests as a learner and teacher that often absorbed me. The delay was, of course, also increased by the outbreak of war in 1939, by the end of which year the tale had not yet reached the end of Book One. In spite of the darkness of the next five years I found that the story could not now be wholly abandoned, and I plodded on, mostly by night, till I stood by Balin's tomb in Moria. There I halted for a long while. It was almost a year later when I went on and so came to Lothlórien and the Great River late in 1941. In the next year I wrote the first drafts of the matter that now stands as Book Three, and the beginnings of chapters I and III of Book Five; and there as the beacons flared in Anórien and Théoden came to Harrowdale I stopped. Foresight had failed and there was no time for thought. It was during 1944 that, leaving the loose ends and perplexities of a war which it was my task to conduct, or at least to report, I forced myself to tackle the journey of Frodo to Mordor. These chapters, eventually to become Book Four, were written and sent out as a serial to my son, Christopher, then in South Africa with the RAF. Nonetheless it took another five years before the tale was brought to its present end; in that time I changed my house, my chair, and my college, and the days though less dark were no less laborious. Then when the 'end' had at last been reached the whole story had to be revised, and indeed largely re-written backwards. And it had to be typed, and re-typed: by me; the cost of professional typing by the ten-fingered was beyond my means. The Lord of the Rings has been read by many people since it finally appeared in print; and I should like to say something here with reference to the many opinions or guesses that I have received or have read concerning the motives and meaning of the tale. The prime motive was the desire of a tale-teller to try his hand at a really long story that would hold the attention of readers, amuse them, delight them, and at times maybe excite them or deeply move them. As a guide I had only my own feelings for what is appealing or moving, and for many the guide was inevitably often at fault. Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer. But even from the points of view of many who have enjoyed my story there is much that fails to please. It is perhaps not possible in a long tale to please everybody at all points, nor to displease everybody at the same points; for I find from the letters that I have received that the passages or chapters that are to some a blemish are all by others specially approved. The most critical reader of all, myself, now finds many defects, minor and major, but being fortunately under no obligation either to review the book or to write it again, he will pass over these in silence, except one that has been noted by others: the book is too short. As for any inner meaning or 'message', it has in the intention of the author none. It is neither allegorical nor topical. As the story grew it put down roots (into the past) and threw out unexpected branches: but its main theme was settled from the outset by the inevitable choice of the Ring as the link between it and The Hobbit. The crucial chapter, "The Shadow of the Past', is one of the oldest parts of the tale. It was written long before the foreshadow of 1939 had yet become a threat of inevitable disaster, and from that point the story would have developed along essentially the same lines, if that disaster had been averted. Its sources are things long before in mind, or in some cases already written, and little or nothing in it was modified by the war that began in 1939 or its sequels. The real war does not resemble the legendary war in its process or its conclusion. If it had inspired or directed the development of the legend, then certainly the Ring would have been seized and used against Sauron; he would not have been annihilated but enslaved, and Barad-dûr would not have been destroyed but occupied. Saruman, failing to get possession of the Ring, would in the confusion and treacheries of the time have found in Mordor the missing links in his own researches into Ring-lore, and before long he would have made a Great Ring of his own with which to challenge the self-styled Ruler of Middle-earth. In that conflict both sides would have held hobbits in hatred and contempt: they would not long have survived even as slaves. Other arrangements could be devised according to the tastes or views of those who like allegory or topical reference. But I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history, true or feigned, with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse 'applicability' with 'allegory'; but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author. An author cannot of course remain wholly unaffected by his experience, but the ways in which a story-germ uses the soil of experience are extremely complex, and attempts to define the process are at best guesses from evidence that is inadequate and ambiguous. It is also false, though naturally attractive, when the lives of an author and critic have overlapped, to suppose that the movements of thought or the events of times common to both were necessarily the most powerful influences. One has indeed personally to come under the shadow of war to feel fully its oppression; but as the years go by it seems now often forgotten that to be caught in youth by 1914 was no less hideous an experience than to be involved in 1939 and the following years. By 1918 all but one of my close friends were dead. Or to take a less grievous matter: it has been supposed by some that 'The Scouring of the Shire' reflects the situation in England at the time when I was finishing my tale. It does not. It is an essential part of the plot, foreseen from the outset, though in the event modified by the character of Saruman as developed in the story without, need I say, any allegorical significance or contemporary political reference whatsoever. It has indeed some basis in experience, though slender (for the economic situation was entirely different), and much further back. The country in which I lived in childhood was being shabbily destroyed before I was ten, in days when motor-cars were rare objects (I had never seen one) and men were still building suburban railways. Recently I saw in a paper a picture of the last decrepitude of the once thriving corn-mill beside its pool that long ago seemed to me so important. I never liked the looks of the Young miller, but his father, the Old miller, had a black beard, and he was not named Sandyman. The Lord of the Rings is now issued in a new edition, and the opportunity has been taken of revising it. A number of errors and inconsistencies that still remained in the text have been corrected, and an attempt has been made to provide information on a few points which attentive readers have raised. I have considered all their comments and enquiries, and if some seem to have been passed over that may be because I have failed to keep my notes in order; but many enquiries could only be answered by additional appendices, or indeed by the production of an accessory volume containing much of the material that I did not include in the original edition, in particular more detailed linguistic information. In the meantime this edition offers this Foreword, an addition to the Prologue, some notes, and an index of the names of persons and places. This index is in intention complete in items but not in references, since for the present purpose it has been necessary to reduce its bulk. A complete index, making full use of the material prepared for me by Mrs. N. Smith, belongs rather to the accessory volume.
- Concerning Hobbits
This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history. Further information will also be found in the selection from the Red Book of Westmarch that has already been published, under the title of The Hobbit. That story was derived from the earlier chapters of the Red Book, composed by Bilbo himself, the first Hobbit to become famous in the world at large, and called by him There and Back Again, since they told of his journey into the East and his return: an adventure which later involved all the Hobbits in the great events of that Age that are here related. Many, however, may wish to know more about this remarkable people from the outset, while some may not possess the earlier book. For such readers a few notes on the more important points are here collected from Hobbit-lore, and the first adventure is briefly recalled. Hobbits are an unobtrusive but very ancient people, more numerous formerly than they are today; for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth: a well-ordered and well-farmed countryside was their favourite haunt. They do not and did not understand or like machines more complicated than a forge-bellows, a water-mill, or a hand-loom, though they were skilful with tools. Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of 'the Big Folk', as they call us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find. They are quick of hearing and sharp-eyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unnecessarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements. They possessed from the first the art of disappearing swiftly and silently, when large folk whom they do not wish to meet come blundering by; and this an they have developed until to Men it may seem magical. But Hobbits have never, in fact, studied magic of any kind, and their elusiveness is due solely to a professional skill that heredity and practice, and a close friendship with the earth, have rendered inimitable by bigger and clumsier races. For they are a little people, smaller than Dwarves: less tout and stocky, that is, even when they are not actually much shorter. Their height is variable, ranging between two and four feet of our measure. They seldom now reach three feet; but they hive dwindled, they say, and in ancient days they were taller. According to the Red Book, Bandobras Took (Bullroarer), son of Isengrim the Second, was four foot five and able to ride a horse. He was surpassed in all Hobbit records only by two famous characters of old; but that curious matter is dealt with in this book. As for the Hobbits of the Shire, with whom these tales are concerned, in the days of their peace and prosperity they were a merry folk. They dressed in bright colours, being notably fond of yellow and green; but they seldom wore shoes, since their feet had tough leathery soles and were clad in a thick curling hair, much like the hair of their heads, which was commonly brown. Thus, the only craft little practised among them was shoe-making; but they had long and skilful fingers and could make many other useful and comely things. Their faces were as a rule good-natured rather than beautiful, broad, bright-eyed, red-cheeked, with mouths apt to laughter, and to eating and drinking. And laugh they did, and eat, and drink, often and heartily, being fond of simple jests at all times, and of six meals a day (when they could get them). They were hospitable and delighted in parties, and in presents, which they gave away freely and eagerly accepted. It is plain indeed that in spite of later estrangement Hobbits are relatives of ours: far nearer to us than Elves, or even than Dwarves. Of old they spoke the languages of Men, after their own fashion, and liked and disliked much the same things as Men did. But what exactly our relationship is can no longer be discovered. The beginning of Hobbits lies far back in the Elder Days that are now lost and forgotten. Only the Elves still preserve any records of that vanished time, and their traditions are concerned almost entirely with their own history, in which Men appear seldom and Hobbits are not mentioned at all. Yet it is clear that Hobbits had, in fact, lived quietly in Middle-earth for many long years before other folk became even aware of them. And the world being after all full of strange creatures beyond count, these little people seemed of very little importance. But in the days of Bilbo, and of Frodo his heir, they suddenly became, by no wish of their own, both important and renowned, and troubled the counsels of the Wise and the Great. Those days, the Third Age of Middle-earth, are now long past, and the shape of all lands has been changed; but the regions in which Hobbits then lived were doubtless the same as those in which they still linger: the North-West of the Old World, east of the Sea. Of their original home the Hobbits in Bilbo's time preserved no knowledge. A love of learning (other than genealogical lore) was far from general among them, but there remained still a few in the older families who studied their own books, and even gathered reports of old times and distant lands from Elves, Dwarves, and Men. Their own records began only after the settlement of the Shire, and their most ancient legends hardly looked further back than their Wandering Days. It is clear, nonetheless, from these legends, and from the evidence of their peculiar words and customs, that like many other folk Hobbits had in the distant past moved westward. Their earliest tales seem to glimpse a time when they dwelt in the upper vales of Anduin, between the eaves of Greenwood the Great and the Misty Mountains. Why they later undertook the hard and perilous crossing of the mountains into Eriador is no longer certain. Their own accounts speak of the multiplying of Men in the land, and of a shadow that fell on the forest, so that it became darkened and its new name was Mirkwood. Before the crossing of the mountains the Hobbits had already become divided into three somewhat different breeds: Harfoots, Stoors, and Fallohides. The Harfoots were browner of skin, smaller, and shorter, and they were beardless and bootless; their hands and feet were neat and nimble; and they preferred highlands and hillsides. The Stoors were broader, heavier in build; their feet and hands were larger, and they preferred flat lands and riversides. The Fallohides were fairer of skin and also of hair, and they were taller and slimmer than the others; they were lovers of trees and of woodlands. The Harfoots had much to do with Dwarves in ancient times, and long lived in the foothills of the mountains. They moved westward early, and roamed over Eriador as far as Weathertop while the others were still in the Wilderland. They were the most normal and representative variety of Hobbit, and far the most numerous. They were the most inclined to settle in one place, and longest preserved their ancestral habit of living in tunnels and holes. The Stoors lingered long by the banks of the Great River Anduin, and were less shy of Men. They came west after the Harfoots and followed the course of the Loudwater southwards; and there many of them long dwelt between Tharbad and the borders of Dunland before they moved north again. The Fallohides, the least numerous, were a northerly branch. They were more friendly with Elves than the other Hobbits were, and had more skill in language and song than in handicrafts; and of old they preferred hunting to tilling. They crossed the mountains north of Rivendell and came down the River Hoarwell. In Eriador they soon mingled with the other kinds that had preceded them, but being somewhat bolder and more adventurous, they were often found as leaders or chieftains among clans of Harfoots or Stoors. Even in Bilbo's time the strong Fallohidish strain could still be noted among the greater families, such as the Tooks and the Masters of Buckland. In the westlands of Eriador, between the Misty Mountains and the Mountains of Lune, the Hobbits found both Men and Elves. Indeed, a remnant still dwelt there of the Dúnedain, the kings of Men that came over the Sea out of Westernesse; but they were dwindling fast and the lands of their North Kingdom were falling far and wide into waste. There was room and to spare for incomers, and ere long the Hobbits began to settle in ordered communities. Most of their earlier settlements had long disappeared and been forgotten in Bilbo's time; but one of the first to become important still endured, though reduced in size; this was at Bree and in the Chetwood that lay round about, some forty miles east of the Shire. It was in these early days, doubtless, that the Hobbits learned their letters and began to write after the manner of the Dúnedain, who had in their turn long before learned the art from the Elves. And in those days also they forgot whatever languages they had used before, and spoke ever after the Common Speech, the Westron as it was named, that was current through all the lands of the kings from Arnor to Gondor, and about all the coasts of the Sea from Belfalas to Lune. Yet they kept a few words of their own, as well as their own names of months and days, and a great store of personal names out of the past. About this time legend among the Hobbits first becomes history with a reckoning of years. For it was in the one thousand six hundred and first year of the Third Age that the Fallohide brothers, Marcho and Blanco, set out from Bree; and having obtained permission from the high king at Fornost, they crossed the brown river Baranduin with a great following of Hobbits. They passed over the Bridge of Stonebows, that had been built in the days of the power of the North Kingdom, and they took ail the land beyond to dwell in, between the river and the Far Downs. All that was demanded of them was that they should keep the Great Bridge in repair, and all other bridges and roads, speed the king's messengers, and acknowledge his lordship. Thus began the Shire-reckoning, for the year of the crossing of the Brandywine (as the Hobbits turned the name) became Year One of the Shire, and all later dates were reckoned from it. At once the western Hobbits fell in love with their new land, and they remained there, and soon passed once more out of the history of Men and of Elves. While there was still a king they were in name his subjects, but they were, in fact, ruled by their own chieftains and meddled not at all with events in the world outside. To the last battle at Fornost with the Witch-lord of Angmar they sent some bowmen to the aid of the king, or so they maintained, though no tales of Men record it. But in that war the North Kingdom ended; and then the Hobbits took the land for their own, and they chose from their own chiefs a Thain to hold the authority of the king that was gone. There for a thousand years they were little troubled by wars, and they prospered and multiplied after the Dark Plague (S.R. 37) until the disaster of the Long Winter and the famine that followed it. Many thousands then perished, but the Days of Dearth (1158-60) were at the time of this tale long past and the Hobbits had again become accustomed to plenty. The land was rich and kindly, and though it had long been deserted when they entered it, it had before been well tilled, and there the king had once had many farms, cornlands, vineyards, and woods. Forty leagues it stretched from the Far Downs to the Brandywine Bridge, and fifty from the northern moors to the marshes in the south. The Hobbits named it the Shire, as the region of the authority of their Thain, and a district of well-ordered business; and there in that pleasant comer of the world they plied their well-ordered business of living, and they heeded less and less the world outside where dark things moved, until they came to think that peace and plenty were the rule in Middle-earth and the right of all sensible folk. They forgot or ignored what little they had ever known of the Guardians, and of the labours of those that made possible the long peace of the Shire. They were, in fact, sheltered, but they had ceased to remember it. At no time had Hobbits of any kind been warlike, and they had never fought among themselves. In olden days they had, of course, been often obliged to fight to maintain themselves in a hard world; but in Bilbo's time that was very ancient history. The last battle, before this story opens, and indeed the only one that had ever been fought within the borders of the Shire, was beyond living memory: the Battle of Greenfields, S.R. 1147, in which Bandobras Took routed an invasion of Orcs. Even the weathers had grown milder, and the wolves that had once come ravening out of the North in bitter white winters were now only a grandfather's tale. So, though there was still some store of weapons in the Shire, these were used mostly as trophies, hanging above hearths or on walls, or gathered into the museum at Michel Delving. The Mathom-house it was called; for anything that Hobbits had no immediate use for, but were unwilling to throw away, they called a mathom. Their dwellings were apt to become rather crowded with mathoms, and many of the presents that passed from hand to hand were of that sort. Nonetheless, ease and peace had left this people still curiously tough. They were, if it came to it, difficult to daunt or to kill; and they were, perhaps, so unwearyingly fond of good things not least because they could, when put to it, do without them, and could survive rough handling by grief, foe, or weather in a way that astonished those who did not know them well and looked no further than their bellies and their well-fed faces. Though slow to quarrel, and for sport killing nothing that lived, they were doughty at bay, and at need could still handle arms. They shot well with the bow, for they were keen-eyed and sure at the mark. Not only with bows and arrows. If any Hobbit stooped for a stone, it was well to get quickly under cover, as all trespassing beasts knew very well. All Hobbits had originally lived in holes in the ground, or so they believed, and in such dwellings they still felt most at home; but in the course of time they had been obliged to adopt other forms of abode. Actually in the Shire in Bilbo's days it was, as a rule, only the richest and the poorest Hobbits that maintained the old custom. The poorest went on living in burrows of the most primitive kind, mere holes indeed, with only one window or none; while the well-to-do still constructed more luxurious versions of the simple diggings of old. But suitable sites for these large and ramifying tunnels (or smials as they called them) were not everywhere to be found; and in the flats and the low-lying districts the Hobbits, as they multiplied, began to build above ground. Indeed, even in the hilly regions and the older villages, such as Hobbiton or Tuckborough, or in the chief township of the Shire, Michel Delving on the White Downs, there were now many houses of wood, brick, or stone. These were specially favoured by millers, smiths, ropers, and cartwrights, and others of that sort; for even when they had holes to live in. Hobbits had long been accustomed to build sheds and workshops. The habit of building farmhouses and barns was said to have begun among the inhabitants of the Marish down by the Brandywine. The Hobbits of that quarter, the Eastfarthing, were rather large and heavy-legged, and they wore dwarf-boots in muddy weather. But they were well known to be Stoors in a large part of their blood, as indeed was shown by the down that many grew on their chins. No Harfoot or Fallohide had any trace of a beard. Indeed, the folk of the Marish, and of Buckland, east of the River, which they afterwards occupied, came for the most part later into the Shire up from south-away; and they still had many peculiar names and strange words not found elsewhere in the Shire. It is probable that the craft of building, as many other crafts beside, was derived from the Dúnedain. But the Hobbits may have learned it direct from the Elves, the teachers of Men in their youth. For the Elves of the High Kindred had not yet forsaken Middle-earth, and they dwelt still at that time at the Grey Havens away to the west, and in other places within reach of the Shire. Three Elf-towers of immemorial age were still to be seen on the Tower Hills beyond the western marches. They shone far off in the moonlight. The tallest was furthest away, standing alone upon a green mound. The Hobbits of the Westfarthing said that one could see the Sea from the lop of that tower; but no Hobbit had ever been known to climb it. Indeed, few Hobbits had ever seen or sailed upon the Sea, and fewer still had ever returned to report it. Most Hobbits regarded even rivers and small boats with deep misgivings, and not many of them could swim. And as the days of the Shire lengthened they spoke less and less with the Elves, and grew afraid of them, and distrustful of those that had dealings with them; and the Sea became a word of fear among them, and a token of death, and they turned their faces away from the hills in the west. The craft of building may have come from Elves or Men, but the Hobbits used it in their own fashion. They did not go in for towers. Their houses were usually long, low, and comfortable. The oldest kind were, indeed, no more than built imitations of smials, thatched with dry grass or straw, or roofed with turves, and having walls somewhat bulged. That stage, however, belonged to the early days of the Shire, and hobbit-building had long since been altered, improved by devices, learned from Dwarves, or discovered by themselves. A preference for round windows, and even round doors, was the chief remaining peculiarity of hobbit-architecture. The houses and the holes of Shire-hobbits were often large, and inhabited by large families. (Bilbo and Frodo Baggins were as bachelors very exceptional, as they were also in many other ways, such as their friendship with the Elves.) Sometimes, as in the case of the Tooks of Great Smials, or the Brandybucks of Brandy Hall, many generations of relatives lived in (comparative) peace together in one ancestral and many-tunnelled mansion. All Hobbits were, in any case, clannish and reckoned up their relationships with great care. They drew long and elaborate family-trees with innumerable branches. In dealing with Hobbits it is important to remember who is related to whom, and in what degree. It would be impossible in this book to set out a family-tree that included even the more important members of the more important families at the time which these tales tell of. The genealogical trees at the end of the Red Book of Westmarch are a small book in themselves, and all but Hobbits would find them exceedingly dull. Hobbits delighted in such things, if they were accurate: they liked to have books filled with things that they already knew, set out fair and square with no contradictions.
submitted by ILikeMultipleThings
to OneWordBan [link] [comments]
2020.10.28 04:25 luzetteportillo My date (from Canada) in some Wranglers and ropers for my cousin's Tejano wedding. Somewhere in Texas. 🤠😋
2020.10.21 22:37 SacKingsAmiiboHunter Library Suggestions - Best Shows/Movies I'm missing? (Excluding movies from last few years)
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)/
10 Things I Hate About You (1999)/
12 Angry Men (1957)/
12 Years a Slave (2013)/
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/
21 Jump Street (2012)/
22 Jump Street (2014)/
3 Idiots (2009)/
3 Ninjas (1992)/
4 Months 3 Weeks And 2 Days (2007)/
50 First Dates (2004)/
A Bug's Life (1998)/
A Christmas Carol (2009)/
A Christmas Story (1983)/
A Night at the Roxbury (1998)/
A Separation (2011)/
A Simple Favor (2018)/
A Star Is Born (2018)/
A Walk to Remember (2002)/
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994)/
Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995)/
Ad Astra (2019)/
Alien DC (1979)/
Alien vs Predator (2004)/
Almost Famous (2000)/
American Beauty (1999)/
American History X (1998)/
Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues (2013)/
Anchorman The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (2004)/
Anger Managment (2003)/
Animal House (1978)/
Arthur Christmas (2011)/
Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)/
Austin Powers International Man of Mystery (1997)/
Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)/
Avengers Age of Ultron (2015)/
Avengers Endgame (2019)/
Back to the Future (1985)/
Back to the Future II (1989)/
Back to the Future III (1990)/
Bad Boys (1995)/
Bad Boys For Life (2020)/
Bad Boys II (2003)/
Batman Begins (2005)/
Batman Forever (1995)/
Batman Returns (1992)/
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (2012)/
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (2013)/
Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (2016)/
Bean The Ultimate Disaster (1997)/
Beethovens 2nd (1993)/
Beethovens 3rd (2000)/
Beethoven's 4th (2001)/
Before Midnight (2013)/
Before Sunset (2004)/
Bend It Like Beckham (2002)/
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)/
Big Daddy (1999)/
Big Hero 6 (2014)/
Billy Madison (1995)/
Black Panther (2018)/
Blade Runner (1982)/
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)/
Blazing Saddles (1974)/
Blood Diamond (2006)/
Blue Streak (1999)/
Bruce Almighty (2003)/
Caillou's Winter Wonders (2008)/
Camp Nowhere (1994)/
Captain America Civil War (2016)/
Captain America The First Avenger (2011)/
Captain America The Winter Soldier (2014)/
Captain Underpants The First Epic Movie (2017)/
Cars 2 (2011)/
Cars 3 (2017)/
Cast Away (2000)/
Chicken Run (2000)/
Children of Men (2006)/
Christmas With the Kranks (2004)/
Citizen Kane (1941)/
City of God (2002)/
Clerks 2 (2006)/
Coyote Ugly (2000)/
Crocodile Dundee (1986)/
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)/
Dazed and Confused (1993)/
Despicable Me (2010)/
Despicable Me 2 (2013)/
Die Hard Collection/
Dirty Dancing (1987)/
Django Unchained (2012)/
Doctor Dolittle (1998)/
Dodgeball A True Underdog Story (2004) [1080p]/
Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)/
Dude, Where's My Car (2000)/
Dumb and Dumber (1994)/
Dumb and Dumber To (2014)/
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)/
Easy A (2010)/
Eight Crazy Nights (2002)/
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)/
Evan Almighty (2007)/
Ever After a Cinderella Story (1998)/
Ex Machina (2015)/
Face Off (1997)/
Facing the Giants (2006)/
Fast and Furious (2009)/
Fast Five (2011)/
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)/
Fatal Attraction (1987)/
Felix The Cat - The Movie (1988)/
Ferris Buellers Day Off (1986)/
Fifty Shades Darker (2017)/
Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)/
Fight Club (1999)/
Finding Dory (2016)/
Finding Nemo (2003)/
Fist Fight (2017)/
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)/
Forrest Gump (1994)/
Freaky Friday (2003)/
Friday After Next (2002)/
Friday Night Lights (2004)/
Frozen II (2019)/
Furious 6 (2013)/
Furious Seven (2015)/
Game Night (2018)/
Get a Clue (2002)/
Get Hard (2015)/
Get Him to the Greek (2010)/
Get Out (2017)/
Gone Girl (2014)/
Gone With The Wind (1939)/
Gran Torino (2008)/
Grave of the Fireflies (1988)/
Groundhog Day (1993)/
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)/
Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn (2012)/
Happy Gilmore (1996)/
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (2008)/
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (2004)/
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)/
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)/
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)/
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)/
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (2009)/
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)/
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)/
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)/
Hocus Pocus (1993)/
Home Alone (1990)/
Home Alone 2 Lost in New York (1992)/
Home Alone 3 (1997)/
Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey (1993)/
Horrible Bosses (2011)/
Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)/
Hot Fuzz (2007)/
Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)/
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)/
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days (2003)/
How To Train Your Dragon (2010)/
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)/
How To Train Your Dragon The Hidden World (2019)/
I Am Legend (2007)/
I Robot (2004)/
Independence Day (1996)/
Indiana Jones Movies/
Inglourious Basterds (2009)/
Inside Out (2015)/
Iron Man (2008)/
Iron Man 2 (2010)/
Iron Man 3 (2013)/
Isnt It Romantic (2019)/
It Takes Two (1995)/
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)/
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius (2001)/
Jingle All the Way (1996)/
Johnny Tsunami (1999)/
Jumanji The Next Level (2019)/
Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle (2017)/
Jurassic Park (1993)/
Jurassic Park III (2001)/
Jurassic Park The Lost World (1997)/
Jurassic World (2015)/
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (2018)/
Kick-Ass 2 (2013)/
Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004)/
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003)/
King Kong (2005)/
Knocked Up (2007)/
La La Land (2016)/
Law Abiding Citizen (2009)/
Legally Blonde (2001)/
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)/
Leon The Professional (1994)/
Less Than Zero (1987)/
Liar Liar (1997)/
Life is Beautiful (1997)/
Little Giants (1994)/
Lord of the Rings Trilogy/
Lost in Translation (2003)/
Love Story (1970)/
Maid in Manhattan (2002)/
Man of Steel (2013)/
Me Before You (2016)/
Mean Girls (2004)/
Meet the Blacks (2016)/
Meet The Fockers (2004)/
Meet The Parents (2000)/
Men In Black (1997)/
Men In Black 2 (2002)/
Men In Black 3 (2012)/
Minority Report (2002)/
Mission Impossible - Fallout (2018)/
Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)/
Mission Impossible (1996)/
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011)/
Mission Impossible II (2000)/
Mission Impossible III (2006)/
Modern Times (1936)/
Monster House (2006)/
Monsters Inc (2001)/
Monsters University (2013)/
Mr and Mrs Smith (2005)/
Mrs Doubtfire (1993)/
Muppets Most Wanted (2014)/
My Blue Heaven (1990)/
My Cousin Vinny (1992)/
My Neighbor Totoro (1988)/
Napoleon Dynamite (2004)/
National Treasure (2004)/
National Treasure Book of Secrets (2007)/
Neighbors 2 Sorority Rising (2016)/
Next Friday (2000)/
Now You See Me (2013)/
Now You See Me 2 (2016)/
Oceans Eleven (2001)/
Oceans Thirteen (2007)/
Oceans Twelve (2004)/
Office Space (1999)/
Old School (2003)/
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)/
Our Lips Are Sealed (2000)/
P.S. I Love You (2007)/
Pacific Rim (2013)/
Pineapple Express (2008)/
Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End (2007)/
Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).mp4/
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest (2006)/
Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides (2011)/
Pitch Perfect (2012)/
Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)/
Pokémon Mewtwo Strikes Back - Evolution (2019)/
Pokemon The First Movie (1998)/
Pretty Woman (1990)/
Pulp Fiction (1994)/
Rain Man (1988)/
Rat Race (2011)/
Rear Window (1954)/
Recess Schools Out (2001)/
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)/
Rogue One A Star Wars Story (2016)/
Rugrants In Paris The Movie (2000)/
Rush Hour Trilogy/
Sausage Party (2016)/
Saving Private Ryan (1998)/
Saw Collection (2004-2010)/
Scary Movie (2000)/
Scary Movie 2 (2001)/
Scary Movie 3 (2003)/
Scary Movie 4 (2006)/
Scary Movie 5 (2013)/
Schindlers List (1993)/
Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School (1988)/
Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost (1999)/
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (1998)/
Semi Pro (2008)/
Seven Pounds (2008)/
Seven Samurai (1954)/
Sex and the City (2008)/
Sex and the City 2 (2010)/
Shaun of the Dead (2004)/
She's the Man (2006)/
Shrek 2 (2004)/
Shutter Island (2010)/
Sin City (2005)/
Sixteen Candles (1984)/
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)/
Smart House (1999)/
Sonic The Hedgehog (2020)/
South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut (1999)/
Space Jam (1996)/
Spiderman 1 (2002)/
Spiderman 2 (2004)/
Spiderman 3 (2007)/
Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse (2018)/
Spirited Away (2011)/
Stand by Me (1986)/
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace (1999)/
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones (2002)/
Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (2005)/
Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope (1977)/
Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (1980)/
Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi (1983)/
Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)/
Step Brothers (2008)/
Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story (2005)/
Straight Outta Compton (2015)/
Stuart Little (1999)/
Suicide Squad (2016)/
Super Troopers (2001)/
Sweet Home Alabama (2002)/
Taken 2 (2012)/
Taken 3 (2014)/
Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)/
Taxi Driver (1976)/
Team America World Police (2004)/
Ted 2 (2015)/
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)/
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out Of The Shadows (2016)/
Terminator 2 Judgment Day (1991)/
Terminator 3 Rise of The Machines (2003)/
Terminator Genisys (2015)/
The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)/
The Amazing Spiderman (2012)/
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)/
The Artist (2011)/
The Avengers (2012)/
The Benchwarmers (2006)/
The Big Green (1995)/
The Bourne Identity (2002)/
The Bourne Legacy (2012)/
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)/
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)/
The Brave Little Toaster (1987)/
The Breakfast Club (1985)/
The Cable Guy (1996)/
The Campaign (2012)/
The Cheetah Girls (2003)/
The Conjuring (2013)/
The Conjuring 2 (2016)/
The Dark Knight (2008)/
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)/
The Departed (2006)/
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)/
The Fast and the Furious (2001)/
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift (2006)/
The Godfather Trilogy/
The Good Dinosaur (2015)/
The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)/
The Goonies (1985)/
The Great Gatsby (2013)/
The Great Outdoors (1988)/
The Greatest Showman (2017)/
The Green Mile (1999)/
The Grinch (2018)/
The Hangover (2009)/
The Hangover Part II (2011)/
The Hangover Part III (2013)/
The Hunger Games Collection/
The Incredible Hulk (2008)/
The Incredibles (2004)/
The Incredibles 2 (2018)/
The Iron Giant (1999)/
The Jungle Book (2016)/
The Karate Kid (1984)/
The Karate Kid Part II (1986)/
The Karate Kid Part III (1989)/
The Land Before Time (1988)/
The Land Before Time Movies/
The Lego Batman Movie (2017)/
The Lego Movie (2014)/
The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)/
The Longest Yard (2005)/
The Martian (2015)/
The Mask (1994)/
The Matrix (1999)/
The Matrix Reloaded (2003)/
The Matrix Revolutions (2003) + Extras/
The Message (1977)/
The Mummy (1999)/
The Mummy Returns (2001)/
The Muppets (2011)/
The NeverEnding Story (1984)/
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)/
The Notebook (2004)/
The Nutty Professor (1996)/
The Other Guys (2010)/
The Outsiders (1983)/
The Pagemaster (1994)/
The Parent Trap (1998)/
The Perfect Storm (2000)/
The Pink Panther (1963)/
The Pink Panther (2006)/
The Pink Panther 2 (2009)/
The Polar Express (2004)/
The Princess Bride (1987)/
The Princess Diaries (2001)/
The Princess Diaries 2 Royal Engagement (2004)/
The Quick And The Dead (1995)/
The Revenant (2015)/
The Road to El Dorado (2000)/
The Rugrats Movie (1998)/
The Sandlot (1993)/
The Santa Clause (1994)/
The Santa Clause 2 (2002)/
The School of Rock (2003)/
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)/
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)/
The Simpsons Movie (2007)/
The Social Network (2010)/
The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie (2004)/
The Stoned Age (1994)/
The Strangers (2008)/
The Terminal (2004)/
The Terminator (1984)/
The Transformers The Movie (1986)/
The Truman Show (1998)/
The Usual Suspects (1995)/
The Waterboy (1998)/
The Wizard of Oz (1939)/
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)/
There's Something About Mary (1998)/
This is the End (2013)/
Thor The Dark World (2013)/
Three Men and a Baby (1987)/
Top Gun (1986)/
Toy Story (1995)/
Toy Story 2 (1999)/
Toy Story 3 (2010)/
Toy Story 4 (2019)/
Toy Story That Time Forgot (2014)/
Transformers Age of Extinction (2014)/
Transformers Dark of the Moon (2011)/
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (2009)/
Trolls World Tour (2020)/
Tron Legacy (2010)/
Tropic Thunder (2008)/
Uncut Gems (2019)/
V for Vendetta (2006)/
Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)/
War Games (1983)/
Waynes World (1992)/
Waynes World 2 (1993)/
We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993)/
When a Stranger Calls (1979)/
When a Stranger Calls (2006)/
When Harry Met Sally (1989)/
While You Were Sleeping (1995)/
White Men Can't Jump (1992)/
Wild America (1997)/
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)/
Winning London (2001)/
Youve Got Mail (1998)/
Zoolander 2 (2016)/
Are You Afraid Of The Dark/
Batman The Animated Series/
Better Call Saul/
Bill Nye the Science Guy/
Boy Meets World/
Codename Kids Next Doo
Courage The Cowardly Dog/
Curb Your Enthusiasm/
Drake and Josh/
Eastbound and Down/
Ed Edd n Eddy/
Everybody Loves Raymond/
Fairly Odd Parents/
Foster's House for Imaginary friends/
Game of Thrones/
How I Met Your Mothe
I love Lucy/
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/
Jersey Shore Family Vacation/
Kenan And Kel/
King Of The Hill/
Looney Tunes Golden Collection/
Macolm in the Middle/
Magic School Bus/
Married With Children/
Mr Bean The Animated Series/
Mr Beans Hoilday (2007)/
One Tree Hill/
Parks and Recreation/
Pinky and the Brain/
Rick and Morty/
Scooby Doo, Where Are You!/
Sons of Anarchy/
Star Trek The Next Generation/
Star Trek The Original Series/
That '70s Show/
That's So Raven/
The Amanda Show/
The Big Bang Theory/
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Ai
The King of Queens/
The New Adventures of Old Christine/
The New Scooby-Doo Movies/
The Office (UK)/
The Office (US)/
The Pink Panther Show/
The Powerpuff Girls/
The Proud Family/
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/
The Sylvester & Tweety Show/
The Wonder Years/
This is Us/
Three's a Crowd/
Tom & Jerry/
Two and a Half Men/
What I Like About You/
submitted by SacKingsAmiiboHunter
to PleX [link] [comments]
2020.10.20 00:04 prinsesed Notes from the BB12 Reunion Zoom Call Fundraiser for Give Kids the World
A few days ago, some of the cast from BB12 participated in a Zoom call fundraiser
, raising +$1200 for Give Kids the World
. This was one of the first seasons of BB that I watched, so I decided to get a ticket!
Matt, Ragan, Britney, Rachel, Brendan, and Andrew were on the call. Unfortunately, Kathy received another call and couldn’t participate. I think it may have been work-related… she was not, in fact, still stuck in the caramel.
I’ve lurked /bigbrother
for a long time and thought I’d share some anecdotes that I found interesting/amusing. There’s a lot to cover, but here we go:
- Andrew got really drunk one night and had an erection. He crashed into the memory wall and then went to eat a cookie that wasn’t kosher… the houseguests tried to stop him. He doesn’t remember this at all.
- Every week Brendan would use the house’s seafood to cook elaborate fancy dinners for Rachel on their date nights.
- Lane once threw a ball across the backyard and it landed directly in a pocket of the pool table… everyone was shocked and he’s pissed it wasn’t caught on the feeds.
- Lane and Hayden took cheesy studio portrait photos and autographed them for fans. I tried to screenshot it on Matt’s phone but didn't get it in time!
- Enzo once signed a pacemaker at an event.
- Reverend Matt Hoffman married Brenchal.
- After Brenchel's wedding reception, a drunken Rachel disappeared and was found drinking wine under a bar. Brendan was very concerned as she had thousands of dollars of diamonds on her.
- Cody Calafiore was apparently real salty about Brenchel winning Fear Factor against him and Zach.
- Kathy wouldn’t leave Rachel’s HOH room for a whole week. She’d even fold Rachel's towels. Britney said that she cockblocked all of the showmances.
- Kathy would take Ambien at night and get... aroused. She once tried to take Hayden’s towel off.
- Kathy would watch horse movies nonstop in jury. She especially enjoyed watching the shitty trailers for other horse movies and would then go and order them. The jury handlers accidentally picked up a Stone Cold Steve Austin movie with the same title her requested horse movie, but she ended up enjoying it anyway.
- When Britney got to jury, the handlers got serious about supervising them to prevent game talk (even though Brenchel shared a room every night).
- After Andrew’s infamous speech, Hayden admitted to the Brigade that he kissed Kristen. Britney didn’t buy Andrew's speech. She was convinced that Hayden and Kristen were siblings since they had the same birthmark.
- Ragan has published a book on BB.
- During the show they played 'Thats what she said' and Lane didn’t know who ’she’ was. CBS wasn’t supposed to let them say that phrase since it came from The Office (which was on a competing network). Britney speculated that Tina Fey may have subtweeted them for not giving the show credit.
- To pass the time Matt would kill bees with a magnifying glass. Apparently BB would scold him. He joked that Grodner probably had a beehive behind the scenes.
- After winning the first veto, Brendan dumped Mayonnaise Water on his head in victory. He said it was a moment of pure adrenaline. Apparently he'd just turned down a big professional opportunity in order to be cast on BB and was terrified of being the first one evicted.
- BB told Brenden to stop talking like a wizard. He said that he based the voice on the movie Role Models.
- Lane admitted that he was playing for second place at a certain point because he wasn’t confident he’d get the jury votes against anyone (even Enzo).
- Hayden’s mom lives in the same town as Lane, and his sister married a roper that he knows!
- Andrew was hiding the fact he was a doctor while Matt was lying about his wife having a bone disease. Andrew picked up on Matt's mispronunciation the condition's name but couldn’t say anything about it.
- Britney got hurt in the first HOH competition and everyone initially thought she was the Saboteur. She sees it as a blessing in disguise because Kathy and her didn't have a chance at winning.
- Kathy actually entered the house very sick and was on a drip IV earlier in the day of the infamous caramel incident. At the time she thought Britney kicked her in the head on purpose.
- CBS made Annie dye her hair brown because Britney was the blonde of the season.
- Their picks for All-Stars (Male and female): Matt: Kathy (I didn’t catch his male choice), Lane: Ollie and Rennie, Britney: Jody and Lawon; Brenchel: Keith and Danielle M. (Brit’s eyes got REAL wide); They didn’t get to Andrew’s choices.
- Brenden talked about BB12 PTSD and compared it to taking hot coal and putting it in an ice cold bucket of water. It took around a year to even talk about the experience and the sound of the BB theme song was triggering.
- CBS stopped reaching out to Ragan after he penned a letter on the racism in BB15.
- There's speculation that Production repeatedly confirmed with Ragan and Britney that Rachel was being voted out in order to fix Brenden's HOH win.
- Britney almost got hung in a duct tape competition.
- Omar (from Give Kids the World) popped in and mentioned that Production’s offices used to be on-set, but now they’re thirty minutes away due to COVID. That’s why competitions are simpler this season.
- Ragan and Rachel were actually really close during the first half of the season and would even study together. However, his relationship with Kristen strained the friendship. Ragan reflected that Rachel’s infamous quote “No one gets between me and my man!” could have had a double-meaning.
- The signs held by the audience on Finale night are provided by production. Right after filming stopped, Matt discovered this by greeting one of the people holding a Matt sign backstage and thanking them. He said this was the first real person he talked to after the show (even before his wife).
- Britney’s engagement fell apart during the Vegas trip after the show. Also, her possessions burnt down in random rental house that her fiancee had moved into while she was away. She moved to her parents place after the show.
- After the show, Ragan had a meeting with his University’s administration and their lawyers before being able to return to work. He doesn’t think he'd ever be allowed to play again (even though he now has tenure).
- Around the time Annie was evicted, the house thought Saboteur was either Brendan or Annie.
- The night before BB13, Ragan strategized with Brenchel. They agreed that if JeJo were cast, they would immediately align with them. Upon entering sequester, Production didn't fully erase JeJo’s name from a chalkboard, so it was confirmed to Brenchel that they would be on BB13.
- Britney pulled out her Julie puppet and asked Reverend Hoffman to give some sage words of advice.
- Everyone explained to Ragan how Julie has "gone off the deep end" with her religious shit this season because he hasn’t watched the show since BB15.
- There's a joke among BB contestants that they take a limo on the way to BB and a taxi on the way home.
- Andrew was really expecting a buyback since there was only thirteen people cast on BB12.
- The BB12 cast would pass the time by talking shit about BB11. Ragan actually apologized to Natalie a few years later for it.
- Ragan explained that he cried a lot because the BB house provided the isolation he needed to really process the loss of his Dad… it was not all related to the game drama.
- Omar confirmed that Janelle’s invitation to Nicole’s wedding raised $1000 for Give Kids the World.
- There was mention of a story Andrew stealing a bus? And a situation with a woman on a plane (they said they can’t talk about it though…)? There was also something said about Annie's gynaecologist appointment in the backyard…..? idk.
Anyways, it was a fun call and I hope Give Kids the World will coordinate more of these in the future! EDIT #1:
words. EDIT #2:
As pointed out in the comment section below, if you enjoyed the contents of this post please consider making a donation
to Give Kids the World. Especially since they cannot grant wishes due to COVID. They currently transforming their resort for the outdoor 'A Night of A Million Lights' walk-through spectacular!
submitted by prinsesed
to BigBrother [link] [comments]
2020.10.19 20:41 kbelou KFGD 800th Episode Stats & Info
I wrote into KFGD today for the 800th episode of the show. Blessing and Tim went through a bunch of what I wrote on the air but I wanted to post the whole thing here on Reddit (like I've done for the 300th Episode
, 400th Episode
, 500th Episode
, 600th Episode
, and 700th Episode
). I enjoy putting all these together so I hope it makes y'all smile too! Without further ado, here's my email:
Today, Monday October 19, 2020 is the 800th episode of Kinda Funny Games Daily! Congratulations!
As I did for the previous 100-episode milestones, I’ve put together some stats and fun facts about the show! (It’s not nearly as comprehensive as last time as we just had our second baby about a month ago soooo time has been limited!) Feel free to pare down and then I’ll post the full run-down on Reddit like usual!
There have been a total of 106 hosts of the show! For the regulars, the rankings are as follows (the number in parenthesis is the increase since episode 700):
- Greg - 535 shows (+49)
- Tim - 265 shows (+31)
- Andrea (RIP) - 171 shows (+3)
- Blessing - 145 shows (+62) (already inching closer to top 3!)
- Gary - 114 shows (+14)
- Imran - 81 shows (+21)
- Jared (RIP) - 65 shows (+0)
- Fran - 51 shows (+3)
- Danny (RIP) - 23 shows (+0)
- Andy - 14 shows (+1)
- Barrett - 3 shows (+0)
- Nick - 1 show (+0)
For the guests,
- Snowbike Mike has the lead with 7 hosting appearances
- Anthony Gallegos, Chastity Vincencio, Cheeks Jr, Belinda Garcia, Mike Mahardy, Alanah Pearce, Austin Creed, and Kahlief Adams have all hosted 3 times
- Anthony Carboni, Christian Phillips, Brittney Brombacher, Kat Bailey, Aiden Strawhun, David Jagneaux, Steve Saylor, Nathan Brandt, O’Dell Harmon Jr, Bruce Greene, Victor Lucas, Gabe Patillo, and Parris Lilly have all hosted twice
- 71 other hosts have hosted once!
Hosting combos time! We have a new number one!
- Greg and Tim - 125 shows (+6)
- Greg and Andrea - 120 shows (+1)
- Greg and Gary - 77 shows (+11)
- Greg and Blessing - 50 shows (+20)
- Tim and Blessing - 41 shows (+16)
- Blessing and Imran - 30 shows (+15)
- Greg and Jared - 29 shows (+0)
- Andrea and Tim - 22 shows (+1)
- Greg and Imran - 21 shows (+1)
- Greg and Danny - 20 shows (+0)
- Tim and Gary - 16 shows (+2)
- Tim and Jared - 14 shows (+0)
- Greg and Fran - 11 shows (+0)
- Fran and Imran - 11 shows (+2)
- Tim and Imran - 11 shows (+3)
- Andrea and Fran - 10 shows (+0)
- Gary and Jared - 9 shows (+0)
- Tim and Fran - 9 shows (+0)
- Tim and Andy - 9 shows (+0)
- Blessing and Gary - 8 shows (+1)
- Andrea and Jared - 4 shows (+0)
- Greg and Andy - 4 shows (+0)
- Andrea and Gary - 4 shows (+0)
- Gary and Imran - 3 shows (+0)
- Andrea and Danny - 2 shows (+0)
- Tim and Barrett - 2 shows (+0)
- Fran and Gary - 2 shows (+0)
- Snowbike Mike and Cheeks Jr - 2 shows (+0)
- Andrea and Imran - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Anthony Carboni - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Christian Phillips - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Anthony Gallegos - 2 shows (+0)
- Jared and Chastity - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and David Jagneaux - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Steve Saylor - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and O’Dell Harmon Jr - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Bruce Greene - 2 shows (+0)
- Greg and Alanah - 2 shows (+1)
- Blessing and Austin Creed - 2 shows (+1)
- Greg and Snowbike Mike - 2 show (+1)
- Blessing and Gabe Patillo - 2 shows (+1)
- Blessing and Kahlief Adams - 2 shows (+2)
The show is run by one of the hosts, who reads the Roper Report, segment transitions, etc. The rankings for this is:
- Greg - 518 shows (+41 since episode 700)
- Blessing - 105 shows (+46)
- Tim - 71 shows (+7)
- Andrea - 30 shows (+0)
- Imran - 27 shows (+6)
- Jared - 23 shows (+0)
- Fran - 19 shows (+0)
- Snowbike Mike - 3 shows (+0)
- Danny/Chastity/Cheeks Jr - 1 show each
For some advanced metrics, the rankings for percentage of shows run to shows hosted (for KF employees and part-timers) is:
- Greg - 96.8% (-1.3% since episode 700)
- Blessing - 72.4% (+1.3%)
- Fran - 37.3% (-2.3%)
- Jared - 35.4% (0% change)
- Imran - 33.3% (-1.7%)
- Tim - 26.8% (-0.6%)
- Andrea - 17.5% (-0.4%)
- Danny - 4.3% (0% change)
Rankings for who has done the sound FX for the show (Roper’s Report jingle, Bakers Dozen)!
- Kevin - 524 shows (+89)
- Barrett - 155 shows (+11)
- Cool Greg - 91 shows (+0)
- Andy - 16 shows (+0)
- Joey - 12 shows (+0)
- Greg Miller Industries - 1 show (+0)
Sadly, there have now been a total of 153 shows since the last show in the studio :(
There have been only 6 shows without a post-show since the Patreon benefit was added in January.
On July 7, 2020 Imran stated he’s going to sneak in one wrong thing per show to see if anyone catches him. And at that point the latest KFGD villain was born.
On July 13, Tim suddenly stopped speaking as a giant spider invaded his house. He momentarily steps out of frame, yells “OH SHIT”, but then comes back on and announces he got it.
On July 16, Kevin was talking to Greg and Blessing and all of a sudden a plate of pancakes was delivered to him and he quietly says “Can I get the boysenberry, please?” to an off-screen Paula.
There have been three shows of KFGD that were more than 2-person hosts. The first two were 3-host shows where Greg, Andrea & Victor Lucas then Greg, Andrea, & Tim hosted. The latest was on July 23 when it was a 5-host show! Greg, Tim, Blessing, Andy, and Snowbike Mike all joined together to host after the Xbox Showcase.
On August 17th, KFBF Dylan Fisher saved Tim by creating a release date jingle so he would never again have to sing it himself.
2nd, there was a live audience for the show for possibly the first time since working the show was in studio: Greg’s apartment building window cleaner perched himself on Greg’s window to watch Greg broadcast.
In maybe the most important update: On Donktober 1st Greg announced a gold-star program for Kevin, if he gets awarded 25 gold stars by KFGD hosts in the month of Donktober, Kevin will get a pizza party. As of Friday Donktober 16th, Kevin has been awarded 16 gold stars during KFGD and 1 during Gamescast. With only 10 working days left in Donktober, will Kevin continue towards his goal?Will the Gamescast one be counted in the final total?
- Greg has awarded 7 gold stars to Kevin
- Blessing has awarded 1
- Imran has awarded 2
- Tim has awarded 2
- Andrea has awarded 1
- Mario has awarded 2
- Janet has awarded 1
In the month of Donktober, only once has the jack-o-lantern blazer been worn. It was by
Blessing (editor's note: Blessing I had typed this wrong in the email, it was you that wore it, not Imran, sorry for the mistake!). Take that for what it is worth.
One of the longest-living traditions of KFGD is Greg dressing up for the show. However, Greg has succumbed to the shirts & sweatpants style like every other American working at home during this pandemic. In fact, he has now dressed down for a total of 163 shows, including 76 of the 77 shows he’s hosted during the pandemic. The only show he was dressed up for was on Friday April 17th.
The job that you guys do every day to continue to put out amazing content on this show and the other shows is unreal. Thank you for continuing your hard work despite the crazy world that 2020 has become (#voteforbiden). The hour or so of KFGD is something I look forward to every day and it’s because of the hard work that you guys put in. Thank you. Looking forward to the next 100 episodes!
submitted by kbelou
to kindafunny [link] [comments]
2020.10.14 17:11 Hereforwinereasons How many BN Podcasts are actually out there?
After seeing some mixed thoughts on the influx of podcasts by former contestants lately, I was curious how much BN podcast creation was actually occurring of late. I attempted to catalogue what media formats BN contestants are sharing video or audio content on (it's definitely not just podcasts) from recent seasons dating back to Kaitlyn Bristowe's season of The Bachelorette. If I missed any podcasts or content of note, please share with me in the comments. There are so many that I must have inevitably missed some. I also noted current age of contestants just to see if there were any trends in age and their preferred medium.
Name Age Channel Name (and platform if not audio)
Contestants noted are from top 10 and above unless noted with *.
Noted as Formeformerly if the channel has not posted content within 1 year or if person publicly left / stopped channel.
The Bachelor Season 24 Peter Weber – Aired 2020 *I believe contestants are still under contract\*
Hannah Ann Sluss 24 Clickbait (co-hosted with Tayshia Adams & Joe Amabile)
Kelley Flanagan 28 Personal YouTube Channel (co-hosted with Peter Weber)
Natasha Parker 31 Tea Room (IGTV)
Tammy Ly 25 Personal YouTube Channel
The Bachelorette Season 15 Hannah Brown – Aired 2019
Tyler Cameron 27 Personal YouTube Channel
Peter Weber 29 Personal YouTube Channel (co-hosted with Kelley Flanagan)
Luke Parker 26 The Unbroken Mentality
Dustin Kendrick 32 Heard Chef Chicago (YouTube)
The Bachelor Season 23 Colton Underwood – Aired 2019
Tayshia Adams 30 Clickbait (co-hosted with Hannah Ann Sluss & Joe Amabile)
Hannah Godwin 25 Personal YouTube Channel
Caelynn Miller Keyes 25 Personal YouTube Channel
Hannah Brown 26 Personal YouTube Channel
Demi Burnett 25 Big Demi Energy
Sydney Lotuaco 28 Black Beans & Rice (co-hosted with Nicole Lopez-Alvar) and Good Bad Behavior Podcast (co-hosted with Jen Rufo)
Nicole Lopez-Alvar 27 Black Beans & Rice (co-hosted with Sydney Lotuaco)
The Bachelorette Season 14 Becca Kufrin – Aired 2018
Blake Horstmann 31 Behind the Rose
Jason Tartick 31 Restart Reset (YouTube)
Colton Underwood 28 Coffee with Colton (IGTV)
Leo Dottavio 34 Leo and Danny Show (YouTube) (co-hosted with Danny Mullen)
Chris Randone 32 RESEARCHABLE with Chris Randone and formerly Krystal & Chris YouTube Channel with now (ex) wife Krystal Nielson
Jordan Kimball 28 NON-ambiguous (I think he also had another show at one point?)
*Joe Amabile 33 Clickbait (co-hosted with Tayshia Adams & Hannah Ann Sluss) What I Order by Joe (YouTube)
The Bachelor Season 22 Arie Luyendyk Jr. – Aired 2018
Becca Kufrin 30 Bachelor Happy Hour (co-hosted with Rachel Lindsay)
Lauren (Burnham) Luyendyk 28 Lauren & Arie (YouTube, co-hosted with husband Arie Luykendyk)
Kendall Long 29 Down to Date with Kendall Long
Bekah Martinez 25 Chatty Broads with Bekah and Jess – also distributed in video format on YouTube
Jacqueline Trumbull 29 A Beautiful Podcast to Fall in Love (co-hosted with Liam Matthews) and A Little Help for Our Friends
Krystal Nielson 32 Personal YouTube and formerly Krystal & Chris YouTube channel co-hosted with (now) ex-husband Chris Randone
The Bachelorette Season 13 Rachel Lindsay – Aired 2017
Bryan Abasolo 40 Dr Ab’s Healthcast
Eric Bigger 32 Bigger Talks and Personal YouTube Channel
Dean Unglert 29 Help! I Suck at Dating with Dean & Jared (co-hosted with Jared Haibon and formerly Vannesa Grimaldi)
Adam Gottschalk 30 Formerly Date Night with Adam and Raven
The Bachelor Season 21 Nick Viall – Aired 2017
Vanessa Grimaldi 33 Formerly Help! I Suck at Dating with Dean & Jared (co-hosted with Dean Unglert and Jared Haibon)
Raven Gates 29 Formerly Date Nigh with Adam and Raven, now Girls Night with Raven and Alexis
Rachel Lindsay 35 Bachelor Happy Hour (co-hosted with Becca Kufrin) and Higher Learning (co-hosted with Van Lathan)
Danielle Maltby 31 The WoMed
*Alexis Waters 27 Girls Night with Raven and Alexis
*Taylor Nolan 27 Let’s Talk About It
The Bachelorette Season 12 JoJo Fletcher – Aired 2016
Jordan Rodgers 32 Formerly Engaged with JoJo and Jordan (YouTube, co-hosted with fiancée JoJo Fletcher)
Derek Peth 33 Formerly The Betchelor
Wells Adams 36 WellsCast and Your Favorite Things with Wells and Brandi
The Bachelor Season 20 Ben Higgins – Aired 2016
JoJo Fletcher 29 Formerly Engaged with JoJo and Jordan (YouTube, co-hosted with fiancé Jordan Rodgers)
Cailia Quinn 29 Formerly Personal YouTube
Amanda Stanton 30 Personal YouTube
Becca Tilley 31 Scrubbing In with Becca Tilley and Tanya Rad (Also on Bachelor Season 19)
Oliva Caridi 27 Mouthing Off with Olivia
Jennifer Saviano 30 #Whinning with Jen Saviano and Colleen Gallagher
The Bachelorette Season 11 Kaitlyn Bristowe – Aired 2015
Nick Viall 40 The Viall Files
Ben Higgins 31 The Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast (co-hosted with Ashley Iaconetti)
Jared Haibon 31 Help! I Suck at Dating with Dean & Jared (co-hosted with Dean Unglert and formerly Vanessa Grimaldi) and Ashley I & Jared H YouTube Channel (co-hosted with wife Ashley Iaconetti)
Tanner Tolbert 33 Jade & Tanner Tolbert YouTube Channel (co-hosted with wife Jade Roper)
Other Notable Past Contestants with Shows Prior to Bachelorette Season 11
Kaitlyn Bristowe 35 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 19, Lead on Bachelorette Season 11) Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe
Jade Roper 33 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 19) Mommies Tell All (co-hosted with Carly Waddell) and Jade & Tanner Tolbert YouTube Channel (co-hosted with husband Tanner Tolbert)
Carly Waddell 35 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 19) Mommies Tell All (co-hosted with Jade Roper) and Personal YouTube Channel
Ashley Iaconetti Haibon 32 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 19) The Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast (co-hosted with Ashley Iaconetti) and Ashley I & Jared H YouTube Channel (co-hosted with husband Jared Haibon)
Sharleen Joynt 32 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 18) Dear Shandy (co-hosted with husband Andy Levine)
Ashley Spivey 35? (Contestant on Bachelor Season 15) Regular co-host on Reality Steve Podcast
Ali Fedotowsky 36 (Contestant on Bachelor Season 14, Lead on Bachelorette Season 6) Formerly co-host of Bachelor Happy Hour
submitted by Hereforwinereasons
to thebachelor [link] [comments]
2020.09.30 23:23 Danstenziano Trip Report- the ‘Super Sierra High Route’ (YHR + SHR + SoSHR)
Howdy sub, got in a pretty exciting trip this summer and thought I’d share it here. Basically the idea was to hike the whole length of the Sierra in a high route style thru-hike, by combining three routes: Andrew Skurka's Yosemite High Route, Steve Roper's Sierra High Route, and Alan Dixon/Don Wilson's Southern Sierra High Route.
Photo album: https://imgur.com/a/YCIo0vk
Details of trip:
Starting Location/Date: Leavitt Meadows TH (Near Sonora Pass) 8/15/20
Ending Location/Date: Cottonwood Lakes TH (South of Whitney) 9/6/20
Trip length: 305 miles (including hike out over Bishop Pass for resupply)
Trip time: 24 days (including 2 zeros)
Probably somewhere in the realm of 60% of the route is off-trail with another 10-20% being on faint use trails or abandoned trails, although this is just an approximation. I was joined by my friends Armstrong and Mudslide who I met on the CDT last year.
We followed the Yosemite High Route from start to Blue Lake Pass (south of Tuolumne)
Then took the Sierra High Route from Blue Lake Pass to Dusy Basin
And Finished with a full hike of the Southern Sierra High Route from Dusy Basin to Cottonwood Lakes.
We resupplied twice, at Reds Meadow and in Bishop via Bishop Pass (no hitchhiking involved).
I will spare you guys the day-by-day and instead just talk about the character of the three routes and what I felt were the highlights, lowlights, and major challenges.
The first stretch from Leavitt Meadows to Reds Meadow was 118 miles and took us 7.5 days. The first 5.5 days were spent on the Yosemite High Route, with the first 22 miles or so being the on-trail approach to the northern terminus in Grace Meadow.
The Yosemite High Route had some of the strongest wilderness character of the entire route, even though the terrain was a little bit gentler, traversing very seldom visited and mostly off-trail areas of Yosemite. Highlights included lonely basins and canyons like Stubblefield Canyon and the basin which holds Rock Island Lake, as well as exciting and challenging passes like Matterhorn and Stanton Passes, both class 3. It also featured a small amount of easy forest and meadow walking, which I took as a welcome respite from the more rocky and desolate places.
Overall I would describe the terrain as very slabby; the rock quality was generally solid. If you’ve done any of the Roper route, you might expect to see lots of loose talus and scree, but there isn’t very much of that on the YHR (though we didn’t do the last 30 miles or so). Exceptions to this rule would include Russell Pass and Kuna Crest which were both pretty loose.
On Day 5 we left Skurka’s route for the original Sierra High Route near Blue Lake Pass. We ended up happy that we joined the Roper route here rather than further north at Tuolumne Meadows, because the YHR is much more exciting south of Tuolumne than the SHR. In particular the area around Russell Pass and Maclure Glacier is not to be missed.
After joining the SHR we had 2 more days of hiking before reaching our first resupply at Reds Meadow. This section of the SHR was phenomenal, including awesome places like North Glacier Pass, Iceberg Lake, and Minaret Lakes. The only challenging part was getting over North Glacier Pass, where the terrain through the course of the very long climb is complex and somewhat confusing.
Resting at Reds Meadow was nice, although everything was more expensive than I remembered, perhaps due to covid. There were quite a few JMT hikers there, only slightly less than I would expect in a normal year.
After leaving Reds, we were entirely on the SHR for 86 miles and 5.5 days before reaching Bishop, our next and final resupply. We hiked through two ‘chapters’ of Roper's route: Lake Country from Reds to Lake Italy, and Whitebark Country from Lake Italy to Dusy Basin.
Most of the 86 miles had a similar character: vast, lake dotted basins and alpine meadows punctuated by rocky and sometimes loose passes. My favorite area was the Bear Lakes Basin, south of Lake Italy. Just a bunch of gorgeous and very remote lakes and mountains and mostly smooth cross-country travel.
Pretty much all of the passes between Reds and Dusy Basin were chill except for one: Snow-Tongue Pass. Snow-Tongue has a reputation for being one of the big bad passes on the SHR and, for me at least, it lived up to the hype. We did the pass in the opposite direction that most do, so we ascended rather than descended the bad (north) side.
It’s basically loose scree and talus and other crud on a particularly steep dirt slope. You have to check any rocks you grab onto because most of them have the potential to slide. It is a bit hairy and demands focus and caution, but it’s certainly doable.
As a side note, on a separate trip I did one of Roper’s bypasses for Snow-Tongue, Alpine Col, and generally found it to be easier.
After Snow-Tongue, the high route links up with the JMT which leads to the Bishop Pass Trail, which we took out to South Lake where the town shuttle brought us into Bishop for resupply.
In Bishop we stayed at the town campground to make our resupply more covid-sensitive.
The remainder of our route was a complete thru of the Southern Sierra High Route: a little over 100 miles in 6.5 days including a side trip to Mt. Sill and the Mt. Baxter alternate. In my opinion, the SoSHR felt the least ‘wild’ out of the three routes, and featured the most on-trail hiking, but it also had several of the most challenging obstacles: Mt. Sill (side trip), Mt. Baxter (a more challenging alternate to the JMT section), and Mt. Whitney via the Mountaineer’s Route.
Mt. Sill lies just a few miles off the SoSHR and can be accessed from the Cirque Lake basin. It’s a classic 3rd class 14er, and R.J. Secor says that it has the best summit view of any peak in the Sierra. It’s a tough climb, but given how spectacular the view is, and how close it is to the route, I’d fully recommend it. Just make sure to budget enough time. Dixon (the guide author) says to budget 4-5 hours round trip, but it took our group at least 7 hours. The only class 3 sections are found near the summit, and they’re solid and not too bad if you take your time.
Summiting Mt. Baxter is part of a longer alternate route that allows you to bypass a huge chunk of JMT. Most of this alternate is chill but Baxter is definitely not, and it’s more difficult and time-consuming than the guide lets on. I’d place it on the hard side of class 2 with a touch of class 3 at the top, but the rock is loose, and the class 2 difficulty is pretty sustained for the entire climb and descent. Since we didn’t budget enough time, we found ourselves at the summit at sunset with a steep, loose talus descent awaiting us. We descended this crap for at least 90 minutes by headlamp before reaching relative safety. For me, this was the lowlight of the trip.
All that said, I’d still recommend the Baxter alt for its excellent views; just make sure you start the climb to Baxter earlier in the day.
The next major objective was Whitney, but there was a lot of cool stuff in between, such as Sixty Lakes Basin, and most notably the climb to Junction Pass on the Old JMT. This trail was decommissioned when they blasted out Forester Pass and has been semi-abandoned ever since. Near the top you’re up on a ridge that divides the basin that leads to Forester and Center Basin, which you just hiked up. It was really cool to look out over the two basins, and to see Forester from a different perspective.
The route remains very scenic and exciting from here all the way to Whitney, taking you through huge, desolate basins and the highest terrain of the route. My favorite place before reaching Whitney was the view of Tulainyo Lake from Russell-Carillon Col. At 12,818 ft, Tulainyo Lake is one of the highest lakes in North America. This massive lake, surrounded by serrated peaks, is perched in an airy granite basin and has no inlet or outlet.
Next came the Mountaineer’s Route, which was super fun and challenging. The last 2-300 feet are an awesome class 3 scramble on mostly solid rock. At one point I got a little over-confident which led to me getting off route and a subsequent sketchy maneuver to get back on track, but other than that it was enjoyable.
After Whitney there were still another 20 miles or so of fun stuff before reaching New Army Pass and the hike out.
Conditions: Mostly blue bird days. Highs in the 70s, lows in the 40s. One thunderstorm. Lots of smoke near the end. No bugs.
Review of the big stuff-
Quilt - EE revelation 20 (old 2016 version)
This quilt was borderline overkill, as our night temps rarely dipped below 40. It was nice for one night that hovered around freezing.
Shelter - SlingFin SplitWing tarp and a piece of polycryo
My whole shelter system was sub-10oz which was perfect given the difficulty of the hike and the lack of rain and bugs. The tarp did fine for the one thunderstorm I pitched in.
Pack - MLD Prophet
Ideal pack for this trip. Just big enough for minimal gear plus BV500 with 7.5 days food and just enough support for starting weight of 25lb. Frameless was nice for more mobility when scrambling.
Shoes - tried out two very different pairs, the La Sportiva Bushido II and the Altra King Mtn 2
The Bushidos are a great shoe for this kind of stuff if they fit you. They didn’t fit me that well but I tried to force it, which resulted in my pinky toes getting destroyed by the narrow toe box. The control, grip, and stiffness are great, though. Only performance downside is that the lugs are somewhat shallow and wear down kinda faster than I expected. They really shined on slab and solid scrambling and suffered a little on loose dirt.
The King Mtn have a similar stack height but that’s where the similarities end. The Altras are much more flexible and much sloppier on technical terrain. I was able to do loose class 2 and 3 in them but they are not ideal. The best part about the Kings is the outsole. The lugs are very aggressive which made them secure on loose dirt and scree. The rubber is also very grippy making them equally good on steep slab. They struggle with any kind of side-hilling and the flexibility and wide toe box are not good for using smaller footholds when scrambling.
Anyone have any suggestions for good high route shoes for those with platypus feet?
submitted by Danstenziano
to Ultralight [link] [comments]
2020.09.21 18:56 GodModeBasketball Analysis: Looking back at the 1949 Strictly Stock Tracks
It's time to turn back the clock all the way back to the beginning as the 1949 Strictly Stock Schedule and all 8 tracks that hosted a Cup race:
- Charlotte Speedway: Not to be confused with the current Charlotte Motor Speedway, this 3/4 Mile dirt track started it all. Although Glenn Dunaway won the race, it was later found out that he was disqualified for illegal springs. As a result, Jim Roper was declared the winner(Fun fact: Roper was the grand marshal for the Spring Texas race on NASCAR's 50th Anniversary season, in 1998). The track would host only one more race, in 1950, won by Tim Flock. The track was forced to be demolished due to Interstate 85's extension into Virginia.
- Daytona Beach and Road Course: The longest track to ever host a NASCAR Race(4.2 Miles), this track was instrumental in creating NASCAR as a whole, with the Streamline Hotel being right in the middle of it. It was a unique course in the sense that the backstretch was the Daytona beaches while the front stretch was Highway A1A. NASCAR President Bill France Sr used to race on the track in the 1940s and later would be NASCAR's first CEO. The track would be abandoned after France Sr constructed the famed Daytona International Speedway in 1959. Both the beaches and Highway A1A are still around.
- Orange Speedway: Also known as Occoneechee or Hillsboro, Orange Speedway was a 1-mile dirt oval, set in the woods of Hillsboro, North Carolina. This track stuck around longer than most, hosting 33 more Grand National races until it was dropped after the 1968 Grand National season. The track is still around as a forest park. Bit of a spoiler, this is the only dirt track to still be preserved from the schedule.
- Langhorne Speedway: One of the most feared and dangerous speedways, Langhorne was a 1-mile flat oval with little banking. The track would later gain infamy as 3 of the first 4 drivers to die in NASCAR all occurred at Langhorne. The track was not on the 1958 Grand National schedule. However, it still held the Langhorne Open, one of the most prestigious Modified races on the calendar. The track was finally closed in 1971. Currently, a Restaurant Depot, a Sam's Club, and a CarFax sit on the remains of Langhorne.
- Hamburg Speedway: Not much is known about Hamburg Speedway. However, the track was a half-mile dirt oval located in Hamburg, New York. The track would host only 2 cup races throughout its existence, with Jack White winning the first and Dick Linder winning the second. The Erie County Fair sits at the site of Hamburg Speedway.
- Martinsville Speedway: The oldest existing track to still have a Cup date, as of 2020. Martinsville is a track just over a half-mile in the shape of a paperclip. Red Byron, that year's champion, won the first running of Martinsville. Ever since then, Martinsville, besides the 1949 season, has held at least 2 races on the calendar, a Spring race and a Fall race.
- Heidelberg Raceway: A track that held Grand National races off and on throughout its existence, Heidelberg was a 1/2 mile dirt track, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The track would host 4 Cup races, in 1949, 1951, 1959, and 1960(Fun Fact: The last time Heidelberg held a race, Lee Petty and his son Richard finished 1-2). The track was still around in 1973, when it held a Grand National East race, won by Tom Colella. Raceway Plaza sits on the remains of Heidelberg.
- North Wilkesboro Speedway: And lastly, North Wilkesboro. North Wilkesboro was a 5/8 mile track located in North Carolina. Tim Flock's brother, Bob Flock, won the inaugural running. The track was a mainstay of the series, hosting 2 Cup races each year from 1950 to 1996. In 1995, Track President Enoch Staley passed away from a stroke. Bob Bahre took up a 50% stake of North Wilkesboro. The track would host their final 2 races for 1996. The track is still around, but it is in tatters. The two dates North Wilkesboro had turned into the inaugural Texas Motor Speedway and a 2nd race at New Hampshire.
submitted by GodModeBasketball
to NASCAR [link] [comments]
2020.08.19 09:02 Cicero1982 Your Pre-Market Brief for 08/19/2020
Pre Market Brief for Wednesday August 19th 2020
You can subscribe to the daily 4:00 AM Pre Market Brief on The Twitter Link Here
. Alerts in the tweets will direct you to the daily 4:00 AM Pre Market Brief in this sub. Morning Research and Trading Prep Tool Kit The Ultimate Quick Resource For the Amateur Trader. Published 3:00 AM EST / Updated as of 4:00 AM EST
----------------------------------------------- Stock Futures:
Tuesday 08/18/2020 News and Markets Recap: Wednesday August 19th 2020 Economic Calendar
- Pre-Market Trading
- Stock futures open flat after S&P 500's record close
- Asia Pacific stocks mixed; Japan’s exports in July slide on-year
- European markets set to open slightly higher after record highs on Wall Street
(All times are Eastern) News Heading into Wednesday August 19th 2020 NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT YOLO THE VARIOUS TICKERS WITHOUT DOING RESEARCH. THE TIME STAMPS ON THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES MAY BE LATER THAN OTHERS ON THE WEB. THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD COMPILED THE FOLLOWING IN A QUICK MANNER AND DOES NOT ATTEST TO THE VERACITY OF THE INFORMATION BELOW. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VETTING YOUR OWN SOURCES AND DOING YOUR OWN DD.
- GNCA Genocea -1.8% as holders file to offer 21.39M shares
- VRNA Verona Pharma Initiates Multiple Dose Part of Phase 2 Clinical Trial with pMDI Formulation of Ensifentrine in COPD (Overnight News).
- AXDX Accelerate Diagnostics up 13% on FDA emergency use nod for COVID-19 test (Overnight News).
- CYDY CytoDyn requests “Fast Track Approval” in U.K for COVID-19 trial (Overnight News).
- CNTG CENTOGENE Opens Walk-In COVID-19 Testing Facility at Hamburg Airport (Overnight News).
- HUD Dufry to buy rest of Hudson in $311 million deal (Overnight News).
- BTG B2Gold Continues to Operate Unimpeded at its Fekola Mine in Mali (Overnight News).
- REGN Regeneron teams with Roche to triple supply of its COVID-19 drug (Overnight News).
- MTP Midatech Pharma Announces Exercise of Warrants and Issue of Equity (Overnight News).
- ON ON Semiconductor Announces Upsize and Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 3.875% Senior Notes (Overnight News).
- RXT Rackspace Technology Announces Results of Global Cloud Budget Survey, Uncovers the Hidden Complexities of IT Spend Management (Overnight News).
- GS Booking app Omio raises $100 million in travel recovery bet (Overnight News).
- CHGG Chegg Prices Offering of $900.0 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2026 (Overnight News).
- FUTU Futu Announces Pricing of Offering of 9,500,000 American Depositary Shares (Overnight News).
- BCOV Streamed Video Content Dominates Media and Entertainment Consumption According to the Brightcove Q2 2020 Global Video Index (Overnight News).
- ORCL Trump Expresses Support for Oracle to Buy TikTok (Overnight News).
- BX Takeda preparing to sell Japan consumer health unit to Blackstone: Kyodo (Overnight News).
- NOVA GAF Energy and Sunnova Launch Strategic Partnership to Expand Roof-Integrated Solar Options for Homeowners (Overnight News).
- EQNR Equinor’s share saving plan allocates shares (Overnight News).
- AAPL Apple Revamps Music Radio Service With A Rebranded Beats 1, And Two New Stations (Overnight News).
- World’s largest shipping firm says demand will ‘significantly decline’ this year(Overnight News).
- NI NiSource Inc. Announces Pricing and Preliminary Results of its Any and All Tender Offer
- WU Western Union Now Available at CARD Bank (Overnight News).
- INBX Form S-1MEF (registration adding securities to prior form s-1 registration [rule 462(b)]) filed with the SEC
- GILD Gilead comes up empty with U.S. application for filgotinib for rheumatoid arthritis
- MIDD The Middleby Prices Upsized Offering of $650 Million Convertible Senior Notes Due 2025
- U.S., China to expand airline flights between them to eight per week. (UAL, DAL, CEA, ZNH)
- JUUL MO Juul E-Cigarette Getting FDA Review to Stay on the U.S. Market
- HRMY Form S-1MEF (registration adding securities to prior form s-1 registration [rule 462(b)]) filed with the SEC
- CDNS Cadence's John Wall to Present at KeyBanc Future of Technology Series
- EHTH EHealth chief bullish on future, increases stake to 703K shares
- ZNGA Zynga Becomes Largest Mobile Game Maker by Market Share
- CNDT Conduent +3.2% as it names Icahn's Gary to board for settlement
- RMAX RE/MAX 2020 Broker Owner Conference Features Memorable Speakers, Valuable Lessons and the Launch of New Tools, Training and Technology for its Global Network of Entrepreneurs
- CNNE Cannae Holdings Announces Investment in Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II’s Recently Priced $1.3 Billion Initial Public Offering
- BFT Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II Announces Pricing of Upsized $1.3 Billion Initial Public Offering
- RIO Rio Tinto cuts 2020 refined copper outlook on smelter restart delay in Utah mine
- AR Antero Resources Announces Pricing of $250 Million Offering of Convertible Senior Notes
- III Asia Pacific Sourcing Slumps in Q2 on Pandemic Concerns
- QHRC Quest Resource Holding to Present Virtually and Host 1x1 Investor Meetings at the 11th Annual Midwest Ideas Investor Conference on August 26th & 27th
- REV C Citi Resigns Role on Brigade CLO Deal Amid Escalating Loan Feud
- REV C Citigroup wins freeze on funds mistakenly sent to Revlon creditors
- RDFN Late-Summer Housing Market is Unseasonably Hot, Prices Up 10% and Pending Sales Up 13%
- RPAI Retail Properties Of America Prices $400.0 Million Offering Of Senior Unsecured Notes
- SRNE Sorrento Therapeutics -10.4% after CFO's ouster
- STAR iStar Pricing $400 Million of Senior Unsecured Notes
- CWT California Water Service Group Honored as Silver Stevie® Award Winner for COVID-19 Employer Response
- JNPR Archdiocese of Brisbane Selects Juniper Networks to Provide AI-Driven Wi-Fi Solutions Across Its Operations
- ROP Roper Technologies Prices Public Offering Of $300 Million Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2022, $700 Million Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2025, $700 Million Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2027 And $1 Billion Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2031
- TTEK Tetra Tech Wins $29.7 Million USAID Renewable Energy Contract
- SPKE Spark Energy Announces Class A Common Stock Share Buyback Program
- DMYD dMY Technology Group II Announces Closing of Underwriters’ Over-Allotment Option in Connection with its Initial Public Offering
- GVA Granite Inliner receives C$12M sewer maintenance project in Canada
- BPYU Brookfield Property REIT Inc. Announces Final Results of Tender Offer
- KKR KKR prices $750M senior notes
- GSIT GSI Technology to Participate in the LD 500 Virtual Conference on September 3, 2020
- ADI Analog Devices Appoints Dr. Laurie H. Glimcher to Board of Directors
- DNB Dun and Bradstreet adds Jackson to expanded board
- STNG Scorpio Tankers Announces Purchase of Common Shares by Scorpio Services Holding
- MDC Richmond American Debuts New Models at Popular Folsom Masterplan
- HAL Halliburton wins contact to bring cloud-based tech to Thailand offshore rigs
- FLUX Flux Power Announces Closing of $12.4 Million Underwritten Public Offering Including Full Exercise of Over-Allotment Option
- FISV Fiserv Announces Pricing of Secondary Offering of Common Stock by New Omaha Holdings
- EBC Eastern Bank Announces Commencement of Stock Offering
- RRR Station Casinos offers "Cashless Gaming" with "PlayOn" at Las Vegas Properties
- ICMB Investcorp Credit Management BDC Schedules Earnings Release of Fourth Quarter Ended June 30, 2020
- GLDD US Department of Defense awards new contracts to GLDD
- SWN Southwestern Energy prices senior notes offering
- ORCC Mindbody, Software Maker for Gyms, Slapped With Higher Loan Cost
- CALB California Bank of Commerce Adds Veteran Bankers to Growing Team
- AMZN Amazon pushes sellers to meet two-day delivery guarantees so more people can get Prime-eligible products
- SSP Triton Digital Releases Webcast Metrics Rankings for the Top Digital Audio Properties for June 2020
- MJCO Majesco Taps into the Minds of ’s Most Influential Industry Leaders Shaping the Future of Insurance
- RRC Range Announces Pricing of Upsized $300 Million Offering of Additional 9.250% Senior Notes Due 2026 and Amends Terms of Tender Offers
- IRTC iRhythm Technologies launches equity offering
- ALBO Albireo Reports Topline Results from Phase 2 Trial of Elobixibat in NAFLD/NASH
- CXO Concho Resources Publishes Inaugural 2020 Sustainability Report
- PSN Parsons completes requirements for operations at SWPF
- LE Lands' End works out deal for more financial breathing room
- SABR Sabre falls after $250M convertible, common stock offerings
- HDS HD Supply Holdings Announces Fiscal 2020 Second-Quarter Earnings Release Date and Conference Call
- HHC The Howard Hughes® Announces Closing Of An Offering Of $750,000,000 Senior Notes Due 2028
- GASS STEALTHGAS Announces the Date for the Release of the Second Quarter and Six Months 2020 Financial and Operating Results, Conference Call and Webcast
- AFG American Financial Group Increases Annual Common Stock Dividend by 11%; Fifteenth Consecutive Year of Dividend Increases
- RXT Onica Introduces Contact Center Intelligence Solution Built on Amazon Web Services
- MRCY Mercury Systems awarded patent for cyberattack protection technology
- PRTS Announces Closing of Public Offering of Common Stock and Full Exercise of the Underwriters' Over-Allotment Option
- PLV Permianville Royalty Trust Announces Monthly Operational Update
- WM Waste Management Announces Cash Dividend
- EYEN Eyenovia under pressure on planned equity offering
- JKHY Jack Henry and Associates falls 6% after earnings report, downside EPS forecast
- MASI New Studies Investigate the Accuracy of Noninvasive, Continuous Hemoglobin Monitoring with Masimo SpHb® on Neonates
Note: Seeking A url's and Reddit do not get along. Upcoming Earnings: COVID-19 Stats and News: Macro Considerations: Most Recent SEC Filings Other
----------------------------------------------- Morning Research and Trading Prep Tool Kit
Other Useful Resources: The Ultimate Quick Resource For the Amateur Trader.
Subscribe to This Brief and the daily 4:00 AM Pre Market Brief on The Twitter Link Here
. Alerts in the tweets will direct you to the daily brief in this sub
It is up to you to judge the accuracy and veracity of these headlines before trading.
submitted by Cicero1982
to pennystocks [link] [comments]
2020.08.13 21:13 VictimOfFun Thanks WotC for Standard 2021 Ranked queue
Maybe it's just me, and maybe because it's just the first day, but playing in the Standard 2021 ranked queue has been great. Interesting deck match ups, seeing "new" cards, and not having to deal with the worst cards for the last year is such a breath of fresh air. Far less BM emotes too from players as well as quicker turns!
This Standard is much more fun, so thanks WotC.
*I reserve the right to complain about ropers and new broken interactions at a later date!
submitted by VictimOfFun
to MagicArena [link] [comments]
2020.07.28 12:22 Minh-1987 GL News (7/28): Boss Rush, Zenaida, Story Update C4P1 & more
Datamined news is on Wiki. New information will be updated.
: Link Maint Period
: 7/29 21:00 - 7/30 06:00 PDT (9 hours)
Boss Rush Survival Source
: Link Event Period
: 7/30 - 8/12 Claim Period
: 7/30 - 8/19 Info
- Three "Boss Rush" difficulties (BGN/INT/ADV).
- Each difficulty has five stages, each adding an additional Boss (Wave), up to five.
- Obtain "Boss Rush Survival Tickets" from clearing them.
- Use "Boss Rush Survival Tickets" on the Box Summon.
Line Up Boss Rush Survival - BGN
Boss Rush Survival - INT
- Dread Rider
- Sand Worm
- Omnious One
Boss Rush Survival - ADV
- Apocrypha/Grief Witch
- Evil Drake/Peryton
- Mom Bomb/Dad Bomb
- Quick Roper
- Iron Giant
- Mom Bomb/Dad Bomb
Featured Summon: Zenaida Source
: Link Featured Period
: 7/30 - 8/12 Related
: Exchange Shop
|Unit ||Name ||Wiki ||Rarity |
| ||Zenaida ||Link JP ||5-7★ |
Step-up: 12 000 Lapis (Max: 4)
trade 120x Coins for 1x Zenaida
|Step ||Cost ||Pulls ||Content |
|S1 ||3000 ||6+1 ||10% Trust Moogle |
1x ¼ 20% Featured Ticket
|S2 ||4000 ||8+1 ||4★ Summon Ticket |
1x ¼ 20% Featured Ticket
|S3 ||5000 ||9+1+1 ||Guaranteed Random 5★ |
1x ¼ 20% Featured Ticket
The Story Continues: C4P1 Source
: Link Available after maintenance
World Revisit Part 7 Source
: Link Campaign Period
: 8/1 01:00 - 9/1 00:59 PDT
Revisit Gungan during the campaign period and receive various rewards!
- Clear the last mission of each dungeon to clear the quest.
- World Revisit Quests (Part 7) will be accessible from the daily quests icon on the home screen.
The Phon Coast: Exploration Source
: Link Event Period
: 7/30 - 8/5 Mission Rewards
|Mission ||Reward |
|Initial Completion ||4★ Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) |
|Complete the quest ||Orochi (Katana, ATK+137) |
|No items ||Lapis x100 |
|Defeat within 5 turns ||Rare Summon Ticket |
|No KO ||4★ Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) |
Vault of Hidden Treasures Source
: Link Campaign Period
: 7/30 - 8/12 PDT
Fina & Dark Fina Bundle Source
: Link Sales Period
: 7/30 - 8/5 PDT
|Unit ||Name ||Wiki ||Rarity |
| ||Fina & Dark Fina ||Link JP ||5-7★ |
- Fina & Dark Fina will be added to the latest summon pools including step-up, featured, 1/2 price, rare, and some standard summons WITHOUT any rate increase.
Chamber of Vengeful: Not Toying Around Source
: Link Available from 7/30 Moogle Tips
- Prepare your party's wind resistance before facing it in battle, kupo!
- Make sure to exploit its weakness against ice, kupo!
- Watch out for its powerful Lights Out ability, which will remove buffs from your entire party and instantly KO one of your allies, kupo!
|Type ||Name ||Stats ||WindRes ||Jolly Set |
|Accessory ||Jolly Snow Globe ||ATK+10, DEF/SPR+20, HP/MP+10% ||20% ||MP/SPR+20% when equipped with Jolly Elk Antlers |
|Hat ||Jolly Elk Antlers ||ATK+10, DEF/SPR+20, HP/MP+15% ||30% ||MP/SPR+20% when equipped with Jolly Suit |
|Clothes ||Jolly Elf Suit ||ATK+20, DEF/SPR+35, HP/MP+20% ||30% ||MP/SPR+40% when equipped with Jolly Snow Globe |
Character Parameter Bonus
|Name ||Effect |
|Soldier's Might ||ATK/MAG+50% with mace |
|Freezing Enchantment ||ATK/MAG+60% with ice weapon |
: Levinson Lucas Christine Kryla Tinkerer Carrie White Knight Noel Santa Roselia Felix Tiana
Chamber of Vengeful Update Source
Different rewards can be earned based on the number of unique units used! Clear the dungeons with 28 to 50 unique units to obtain additional rewards!
|CSS ||Chamber ||Date |
| ||The Empress Supreme ||7/30 |
| ||Demon Matsuri ||8/6 |
| ||Boogeyman Nights ||8/13 |
| ||Not Toying Around ||8/20 |
Login Bonus Source
: Awesome August Thai & Indonesian
|Date ||AA ||T&I |
|7/30 ||- ||Lapis x200 |
|7/31 ||- ||5★ Trust Moogle (ALL 10%) x2 |
|8/1 ||10+1 Summon Ticket x1 ||4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket x1 |
|8/2 ||Lapis x100 ||5★ Trust Moogle (ALL 10%) x2 |
|8/3 ||Lapis x100 ||4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket x1 |
|8/4 ||Lapis x100 ||Lapis x200 |
|8/5 ||Lapis x100 ||4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket x1 |
|8/6 ||Lapis x100 ||- |
|8/7 ||10+1 Summon Ticket x1 ||- |
submitted by Minh-1987
to FFBraveExvius [link] [comments]
2020.06.21 00:04 AintEverLucky List of Corpus-area bars & restaurants reporting COVID exposure in the last month
This list is a subset of the statewide bar & restaurant list
maintained by the folks at ViralTexas
Per the list, "Below are businesses that reopened on May 22, and then reported that an employee or customer tested positive for coronavirus after they reopened. If you have been to one of these locations, take extra precautions because you may have been exposed."
The Corpus / Coastal Bend list includes:
- Bourbon St. Sports Bar
- Club Cheetah
- Cristal Lounge
- Gemini Sushi and Business Lounge
- House of Burgers
- International House of Pancakes (unclear which location; this article indicates the IHOP on SPID near La Palmera Mall had switched to takeout-only, though the article dates back to June 11th.)
- Pep's in Portland
- Ropers Night Club
- The Brick Bar + Bites
- The Exchange in Corpus Christi
- The Library
- VooDoo Niteclub
- Whiskey River
submitted by AintEverLucky
to corpus [link] [comments]
2020.05.19 16:15 PaulJP Fallout 76: Update 19 Patch Notes – May 19, 2020
From FC Mods
Disclaimer: This is an automated post, taking whatever is posted on Bethesda's news and copying it to Reddit. This is done as a courtesy for any users that can't view Bethesda's site, or prefer to use the Reddit feed to keep up on news. FC Mods are NOT Bethesda staff, and responding to this message won't get your message to Bethesda staff (they might see it if they stop by, but it isn't guaranteed). As always, for official feedback, go to the official fo76 subreddit
, Bethesda forums
, or Bethesda support page
We’re releasing Update 19 for Fallout 76 today, which introduces Ally Customization, includes new and returning events, updates for automatic item naming, backpack skin improvements, and new limited-time Nuclear Winter Challenges and cosmetic rewards. We’ve also addressed a wide variety of bugs, including many issues reported by the community.
Update 19 Highlights
- Ally Customization: Give your Allies stylish new looks by sharing your wardrobe with them using the new option to customize their outfits.
- Hunt for the Treasure Hunter: Mole Miners have discovered treasure in the Ash Heap! Starting May 21, hunt them down to claim their loot for yourself during a new limited-time event.
- Fasnacht Parade: By popular demand, this Seasonal Event is returning for a full week starting May 25, and there are plenty of new Fasnacht Masks up for grabs.
- Item Naming Updates: We’ve made improvements to the way your weapons and armors are automatically named when you apply new mods and skins.
- Backpack Updates: Changing your Backpack’s appearance is now as simple as applying a skin, and you can now apply them to Small Backpacks, too!
- (NW) Limited Time Challenges: Unlock new cosmetic rewards by completing limited-time Challenges in Nuclear Winter, from May 19 – June 11.
Download size for today’s update will be around 10.7 GB for Xbox and 8.6 GB for PS4. For PC, the download size will be approximately 4.1 GB through the Bethesda.net launcher, and around 5.9 GB via Steam. * PC:
184.108.40.206 * PS4:
220.127.116.11 * Xbox:
Customize Your Allies
Starting today, you can now share your wardrobe with your Allies and swap their outfits to your heart’s content with Ally Customization. * When interacting with an Ally in your C.A.M.P., a new “customize” option will now appear that you can use to change their clothing. * Outfits, Headwear, Costumes, Armor—If you can wear it, then so can your Ally! The only current exceptions are Power Armor and Weapons. * Anything you dress your Ally in is purely cosmetic. They will not receive any buffs or bonuses from the apparel they wear. * Additionally, when viewing another player’s Ally, its name will be adjusted to include the name of the C.A.M.P. owner, e.g.: ’s Ally. * Please note that scrapping an Ally Station will revert that Ally to their default outfit. Allies will also appear to be in their default outfit if they are in an instance with you.
Hunt for the Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are searching for riches around Appalachia, and you can hunt them down to claim their loot for yourself in a new series of limited-time “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events we’re introducing with Update 19.
Treasure Hunter Mole Miners
- Use your keen tracking senses to hunt down Treasure Hunter Mole Miners to collect their Mole Miner Pails, which contain all of the loot they’ve been hoarding.
- Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are legendary creatures, and you will hear them when they’re nearby.
- Treasure Hunter Mole Miners can drop rewards from one of three different tiers: Dusty Mole Miner Pails (low), Mole Miner Pails (medium), and Ornate Mole Miner Pails (high).
- The higher quality the Pail, the better chances for rare loot, including Outfits, Mounted Head Plans, a new Backpack Plan, and the Marine Armor Helmet Plan.
- Pails can be traded and sold to other players, but cannot be sold to NPC vendors.
Craft Your Own Mole Miner Pails
- While a Treasure Hunter event is live, Vendors around Appalachia will sell Empty Mole Miner Pails in exchange for Caps.
- Use Empty Pails, along with a few additional materials, to craft full Mole Miner Pails of low, medium, or high-quality.
- You can give or sell crafted Pails to other players, or keep them for yourself.
Head to the Ash Heap on May 21!
- The first Hunt for the Treasure Hunter event will take place from May 21 – 25 in the Ash Heap region of Appalachia.
- Future Hunt for the Treasure Hunter events will each occur in a different region.
Fasnacht Parade Marches Back to Helvetia Starting next week, you can travel to Helvetia to take part in the Fasnacht Seasonal Event by helping the local Protectrons prepare for the town's annual celebration and parade. * Help the bots by hanging decorations, gathering ingredients for a feast, or playing musical instruments, among other activities, before the timer expires. * If you and your event mates complete the preparations in time, the bots will line up at the center of town to begin the parade. * Successfully guide the marchers to the end of their parade route, and you will be rewarded with loot! * The more marchers who survive, the higher your chances at rare loot, which may include Fasnacht-themed C.A.M.P. plans and a chance to earn a fancy Fasnacht mask. * We’ve added a number of festive new masks this year, and adjusted their drop rates following community feedback. While some are still less common than others, they should drop more often this time. * You can also trade your Fasnacht Masks to other players, if you wish. * Fasnacht Parade will begin every hour at the top of the hour starting on May 25. The event will last for a full week, so you'll have plenty of chances join in the celebration!
Automatic Item Name Improvements With this update, we’ve improved how the game automatically names your weapons and armors based on their mods, legendary attributes, and Atomic Shop paints. * Going forward, automatically generated names will appear in a much more consistent order, and they will reliably include an item’s main attributes. * Additionally, Atomic Shop paint and skin names no longer overwrite the item’s primary legendary effect name. * Items should now generally follow this naming convention: Primary Legendary Attribute Name + Atomic Shop Cosmetic Name + Mod Name + Weapon Name * If you have a legendary Gatling Gun with the Black Knight paint and a Prime Receiver, for example, its automatically generated name should now be: Anti-Armor Black Knight Prime Gatling Gun * Keep in mind that you can still give your items custom names, which will override their automatically generated names. * Please note: Given the many combinations that are possible through all the different mods, legendary effects, Atomic Shop paints, and item types, there may cases where new item names appear incorrect. * For example, certain elements may appear out of order, or might be missing from the name. * These are visual issues, and all your mods should still function correctly. Please let us know if you spot any naming bugs on your gear after today, and we will squash them.
Backpack Appearance Updates We’ve improved Backpack customization so that you can now apply different appearances to your Backpacks as skins—no more crafting required! * Head to an Armor Workbench and use the modify menu to swap the appearance of your existing Backpack with any skins you’ve unlocked through quests, events, or the Atomic Shop. * Skins can now be applied to Small Backpacks, as well for those who have not yet unlocked the normal Backpack Plan by completing the “Order of the Tadpole” quest. * You can apply skins to your existing Backpacks, as well as any new ones you craft.
Art and Animation
- BBQ Grills: Get hungry! When using a BBQ Grill, your character will now appear to flip and grill some tasty steaks.
- Grognak’s Throne: We’ve added a new animation that will play when sitting in Grognak’s Throne so that you can survey your land with the royal confidence.
- Liberty Prime Power Armor: If you’re a strong silent type, you may be pleased to know that we’ve added an alternate version of the Liberty Prime Power Armor helmet that will not play voice lines while you’re wearing it.
- Players who own the Liberty Prime Power Armor can now craft the silent version of the helmet at a Power Armor Station.
Limited Time “Survivors” Challenges – Unlock Themed Cosmetics!
- We’ve added 8 Nuclear Winter Challenges that you can complete to earn new “Survivors” themed cosmetic rewards starting today, and lasting until 7:00 p.m. ET on June 11.
- One new challenge will appear in the Character Challenge menu each day until all 8 are available, and they will remain available until the end of the event.
- You can earn the first reward with 150 Overseer XP, and the last with 2,500 Overseer XP. All others will each require 2,000 Overseer XP.
- Overseer XP you earn will roll over from one Challenge to the next, but they must be completed one at a time and in order.
- As you complete each Challenge, you’ll be able to claim new themed rewards, like new furniture for your C.A.M.P., “Survivor’s Denim” and Ghillie Suit outfits, as well as skins for Nuclear Winter’s newest weapons: The Bow, Cattle Prod, and Gauss Shotgun.
- You can learn more about this event directly from ZAX and preview the rewards by reading our latest ZAX Transmission article on Fallout.com.
- New Weapons: The Bow, Cattle Prod, and Gauss Shotgun have been added and tuned for combat in Nuclear Winter matches. Find them in Supply Crates as you scavenge for gear.
Art and Animation
- Animations: Dying while playing an instrument no longer causes the instrument to become invisible after respawning.
- Animations: Fixed an issue that could cause the Overseer to slide out of her chair before standing.
- Animations: Fixed a rare issue that could cause the player to fall through the world during character creation.
- Lighting: Optimized the lighting inside the Overseer’s house and The Wayward to address performance issues.
- Textures: The Clandestine Gauss Pistol skin now appears correct when applied to the Drum Magazine mod.
C.A.M.P. and Workshops
- Allies: No longer sometimes attack the player’s other C.A.M.P. objects and Turrets.
- Build: Moving C.A.M.P. locations now correctly closes the Build Menu for teammates who had it open while in the original build area.
- Collectron Station: The Communist Collectron will now find Propaganda Flyers less often while scavenging.
- Display Cases: Assigning an item to a Display Case no longer sometimes prevents the player from crafting other items of that same type.
- Exploit: Addressed a duplication exploit related to C.A.M.P. objects.
- Exploit: Addressed an C.A.M.P. budget exploit.
- Lights: Bulb Lights no longer consume more C.A.M.P. budget than intended.
- Lights: The Klaxon Wall Light can no longer be turned on if it is not connected to a power source.
- Locks: Locked objects in players’ C.A.M.P.s now better indicate to players who do not own them that they will become Wanted if they pick the lock.
- Trees: Can now be placed on a wider variety of terrain types.
- Turrets: Addressed an issue that could cause C.A.M.P. Turrets to attack each other.
- Workbenches: Players can now correctly use Workbenches immediately after an NPC has used them.
- Workbenches: Exiting a Power Armor Station no longer sometimes causes the controls to temporarily lock up.
- Stealth: Receiving Stealth from multiple sources at once, like the Escape Artist Perk Card, Stealth Boys, Chameleon Armor, etc. no longer causes enemies to instantly detect the player.
- VATS: Changing the body part selection in VATS while using charging weapons, like a Bow or Gauss Weapon, no longer causes the next shot to hit the previously selected body part.
- Blood Eagles: No longer sometimes drop weapons that have Nuclear Winter mods as loot.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue causing more boss Scorched to spawn on top of Thunder Mountain Power Plant than intended.
- Wendigo Colossus: Fixed an issue that could cause the Wendigo Colossus to suddenly stop taking damage.
- Daily: Lou’s Mine, Foundation, and Crater now have locations that are considered sub-terranean for Challenges like “Level Up in Caves and Mines.”
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to complete certain Tadpole and Possum Challenges repeatedly for rewards.
- Social: The “Claim Different Workshops” Challenge no longer requires the Spruce Knob Workshop, and the number of Workshops needed to complete the Challenge has been reduced from 20 to 18.
- World: The "Complete Different Daily Quests" now correctly appears in the World category after completing the “Complete an Event While in a Group” Challenge.
- Armor: Secret Service Chest Armor can now be repaired beyond 100% condition using Perk Cards like Fix It Good.
- Exploit: Addressed an Ammo exploit for weapons that use Fusion Cores as ammo.
- Fusion Cores: Fixed several issues that could prevent weapons that use Fusion Cores as ammo, like the Gatling Laser, from firing correctly.
- Gas Masks: Raider Skull Gas Masks now correctly remove other headwear when equipped.
- Headwear: Fixed an issue that could prevent a character’s body from rendering when wearing the Communist Militant Hat.
- Headwear: The Free Radicals Mask is no longer a legendary item, which is now consistent with all other headwear.
- Jet Packs: Fixed an issue allowing Jet Pack Power Armor mods can now only be applied to the torso.
- Outfits: Backpacks now correctly appear while wearing the Mountain Scout Outfit.
- Power Armor: The Settler Vigilante paint no longer removes Rad Resistance from T-51 Power Armor.
- Power Armor: Removed references to Vault 94 when crafting Strangler Heart Power Armor.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue that could cause another player to appear to be idle inside their Power Armor while they were actively using a Power Armor Station.
- Underarmor: Corrected the name of the Plan to craft Secret Service Underarmor, and moved Secret Service Underarmor to the Underarmor category in the Armor Workbench.
- Weapons: Gauss Shotgun mods now correctly require the Science Master I Perk in order to craft them.
- Weapons: Commander Daguerre’s final quest now correctly awards a level 50 VATS Unknown Alien Blaster to characters over level 50.
- Weapons: Gatling Guns now correctly display a fire rate of 20 in the Pip-Boy.
- Allies: Speaking with Commander Daguerre immediately after Fast Traveling during her questline no longer sometimes prevents Emerson from visiting.
- Dialogue: Exiting and quickly re-entering dialogue with an NPC should no longer result in a notification stating “This individual is busy.”
- Frida Madani: No longer sometimes walks away during a conversation with a player.
- Jide: No longer clips into the stairs in front of The Wayward.
- Purveyor Murmrgh: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from interacting with the Purveyor in first-person view.
- Random Encounters: The Settler that shoots at Opossums during a random encounter no longer always spawns at level 1.
- Smiley: If a player has purchased all of Smiley’s Gold Bullion for the week, he will no longer continue to ask if they’re interested in buying more.
Performance and Stability
- Server Stability: Fixed a number of issues that could result in a server crash during normal gameplay.
- Server Stability: Fixed a stability issue caused by large stacks of inventory items.
- Server Stability: Addressed a server crash that could occur when updating players’ quest targets.
- Server Stability: Fixed a server crash that could occur while playing in a Private World.
- Server Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause a server crash in Nuclear Winter.
- Client Stability: Addressed an issue that could result in a client crash during normal gameplay.
- Client Stability: Fixed a rare issue that could result in an infinite loading screen and a crash when loading into a world from the main menu.
- Client Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a Perk Card Pack.
- Client Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox One when building in a C.A.M.P.
Quests and Events
- All That Glitters: Fixed an issue that prevented the “Clear out the Security Forces” objective from completing correctly.
- Ally Quests: Quest markers no longer fail to reappear after logging out and back in while in the middle of an Ally quest.
- Ally Quests: Fixed an issue that could result in duplicate Ally quest items remaining in the world without quest markers after the player logged off.
- Ally: Thicker Than Water: Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from receiving the Thicker Than Water quest after completing An Eagle Flies Free.
- Ally: Narrow Escape: Beckett no longer appears in Rollins Labor Camp when the quest is not running.
- Ally: Thicker Than Water: Animations: Beckett now correctly faces the player when speaking to them during scenes with The Claw.
- Ally: Thicker than Water: Fixed an issue that could allow a player to enter Watoga Civic Center through a locked door.
- Ally: Thicker than Water: Addressed an instancing issue that could occur when progressing this quest while on a team.
- Ally: The Universe Conspires: Fixed an issue that could prevent Emerson from visiting and block progression when attempting to turn in the quest to Commander Daguerre.
- An Ounce of Prevention: Moved the T-Type Fuse from Greg’s Mine Supply to the Charleston Trainyard so that it is easier to find.
- Back on the Beat: Addressed an issue that could prevent this Public Event from starting.
- Buried Treasure: Fixed an issue that could block progression after interacting with the intercom as the raiding party enters the security room.
- Exploit: Addressed a reputation exploit affecting a conversation with Meg.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to complete the Vital Equipment daily quest multiple times per day.
- From Russia With Lev: Fixed multiple discrepancies between Lev's subtitles and dialogue.
- Fun and Games: Backing out of a conversation after asking Ra-Ra to enter the Power Armor room no longer causes her to become unresponsive.
- Fun and Games: Ra-Ra no longer becomes unresponsive after destroying the Protectrons she spawns.
- Fun and Games: The Sentry Bot in Grafton Steel Underground can no longer be damaged while it is still in the Fabricator, and will no longer exit the Fabricator early.
- Fun and Games: Ra-Ra will no longer path to nearby Protectron corpses instead of entering the first vent.
- Fun and Games: The “Follow Ra-Ra” objective no longer persists after finding and collecting Bunnabun.
- Fun and Games: A terminal in Grafton Steel Underground that was previously unhackable can now be hacked correctly.
- Heart of the Enemy: The lockpicking skill requirement for door between the Automated Research Program and the Reactor has been reduced from 1 to 0, so that the quest is easier to complete for players who are missing Lockpicking Perk Cards.
- Overseer, Overseen: The Overseer will now exit combat and move toward the player when she is too far away.
- Project Paradise: Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent Project Paradise from completing after killing the Alpha Predator.
- Random Encounters: Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving loot during a random encounter with a Settler Apprentice after selecting Raider-themed dialogue options.
- Safe for Work: Players are no longer required to pick the lock on the Medical Center crate to obtain Patrol Tape 04.
- Secrets Revealed: Duchess no longer speaks her post-Vault 79 raid dialogue before the player has completed Secrets Revealed.
- Secrets Revealed: After progressing the “Resolve the Situation with Johnny” objective, the player’s conversation with him will now end correctly.
- Secrets Revealed: The Vault 79 elevator code objective now reappears correctly when returning to the elevator.
- Secrets Revealed: Fixed an issue that could cause team members to be moved outside to Appalachia when the Team Leader entered the elevator to the Gold Operations Center.
- Siding with Crater: Meg no longer forces the player into conversation if they back out before deciding whether to side with the Raiders.
- Strange Bedfellows: Acquiring the Photo of Rosalynn’s Memorial prematurely no longer blocks progression during Strange Bedfellows.
- Strange Bedfellows: Quest items obtained during Strange Bedfellows are now correctly removed after completing the quest.
- Strange Bedfellows: Added a new objective directing players to complete the prerequisite quest Signal Strength before progressing to Strange Bedfellows.
- Strength in Numbers: Polly’s head now correctly deals damage in VATS, and deals increased damage based on how many times it has been charged.
- The Elusive Crane: Mort no longer appears to be standing idle during a scene with Roper in The Wayward.
- The Elusive Crane: Fixed an issue that could cause the “Find Crane’s Treasure” objective to persist in the Pip-Boy’s quest description.
- The Ol' Weston Shuffle: The Dud Explosive Collar is now correctly removed from character models after completing the quest.
- The New Arrivals: The quest tracker no longer displays two “Talk to the Overseer” objectives under certain conditions.
- Sound Effects: The Stanley skin for Grognak’s Axe no longer plays its sound effects twice when equipped or when switching between first and third-person view.
- Sound Effects: Repeatedly entering and exiting a Gold Press Machine no longer causes it to play multiple overlapping sound effects.
- Controls: Opening the Pip-Boy while attempting to Fast Travel during combat no longer sometimes causes the controls to become unresponsive.
- Crosshairs: Now correctly change to an open square when passing over placed items that the player can interact with or pick up.
- Fanfare: Treasury Notes no longer play legendary item fanfare when removing them from the Stash.
- Login: The password field is now cleared correctly after entering an incorrect password while attempting to link a Bethesda.net account to Fallout 76.
- Menus: Fixed several issues that could cause the Favorites menu to suddenly appear while Emotes menu was open.
- Notifications: Equipping headwear by holding the action button no longer generates an error message stating “Unable to equip item.”
- Pip-Boy: The item stats card no longer persists when switching to an empty tab in the Pip-Boy.
- Press and Hold: Holding the action button to equip, learn, or consume an item in the world now works more consistently.
- Quests: Daily quests the player has rejected in the Pip-Boy no longer automatically reappear after logging out and back in.
- Quests: Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear when viewing Miscellaneous quests on the Map.
- Quests: Reclamation Day no longer disappears from the completed section in the Pip-Boy’s Main Quests tab.
- Sorting: The Spoil sorting option now correctly organizes Aid items by their remaining condition.
- Tag for Search: The magnifying glass icon now appears correctly on Junk items in the world that contain components the player has tagged for search.
- Trade: Players can now inspect items when trading with other players.
- Vending Machines: Stacks of U.S. Government Supply Requisition Holotapes or Technical Data no longer sometimes disappear after being assigned to a Vending Machine.
- Workbenches: Radio Vacuum Tube preview images no longer extend beyond the edge of screen in the Tinker's Workbench.
- Cranberry Bog: The Wendigo Colossus no longer gets stuck in the trenches in Cranberry Bog.
- Forest: The Wendigo Colossus no longer gets stuck on the guardrails in the road near Slocum’s Joe.
- Forest: Fixed a terrain issue that could cause players to appear to float in front of Lacey and Isela outside Vault 76.
- Savage Divide: The basement door in the Mountainside Bed & Breakfast no longer locks itself if the player leaves the area and returns.
- Settlements: Yao Guai and Scorched no longer spawn in NPC settlements, like Crater, Foundation, or Big Bend Tunnel East.
- Toxic Valley: Removed a non-functional hatch door from the Clarksburg Pharmacy.
- NPCs: Corrected pathing issues for several NPCs that can be found in the world.
Nuclear Winter Bug Fixes
submitted by PaulJP
to fo76FilthyCasuals [link] [comments]
2020.05.07 05:39 Akubra_joe Can anyone tell me the manufacture date of these Lucchese ropers?
2020.05.03 20:37 did_i_fall_asleep Adolf Hitler was not only an atheist, he was explicitly anti-religion. It's time to stop denying historical fact.
In the long run, National Socialism and religion will no longer be able to exist together. [On a question from C. S., whether this antagonism might mean a war, the Fuehrer continued:] No, it does not mean a war. The ideal solution would be to leave the religions to devour themselves, without persecutions. But in that case we must not replace the Church by something equivalent. That would be terrifying! It goes without saying that the whole thing needs a lot of thought. Everything will occur in due time. . . . The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity. Bolshevism practises a lie of the same nature, when it claims to bring liberty to men, whereas in reality it seeks only to enslave them. In the ancient world, the relations between men and gods were founded on an instinctive respect. It was a world enlightened by the idea of tolerance. Christianity was the first creed in the world to exterminate its adversaries in the name of love. Its key-note is intolerance. Without Christianity, we should not have had Islam. The Roman Empire, under Germanic influence, would have developed in the direction of world-domination, and humanity would not have extinguished fifteen centuries of civilisation at a single stroke. Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. The result of the collapse of the Roman Empire was a night that lasted for centuries.
Trevor-Roper, Hugh, ed (2000). Hitler's Table Talk 1941-1944. Trans. N. Cameron and R.H. Stevens (3rd ed.). New York: Engima Books. LCC DD247.H5 A685 2000. ISBN 9781929631056. Night of 11-12 July 1941; pp. 6-7.
I want to start this post off by stating that the intention here is not
to argue or in any way corroborate the claim that atheists are inherently more likely to be immoral, violent, or evil. Only a fool would believe that religiosity, or a lack thereof, can be indicative of one's moral character.
But the historical fact is that Adolf Hitler was an atheist.
Our culture is obsessed with Nazis. They're a media trope, they're ubiquitous in political rhetoric to the point that we have Godwin's law, and they're making a big comeback the world over.
But very few people are really all that familiar with Nazi ideology. Contrapoints has made a few really good videos on the topic, and the one I'd recommend for some background knowledge for this context would be her video Degeneracy.
To give you the basic idea, we'll discuss degeneracy. One of the core components of Nazi ideology was that German society was deteriorating or degenerating
as a result of what they deemed as "undesirables." These were Jews, queer people, the disabled, etc.
It is the case that Hitler often invoked the Christian God in his propaganda. But this was a political tool. He desired, and probably was obligated, to galvanize the religious right in Germany and incorporate them into his NatSoc movement. But Hitler himself despised these people.
The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity. Christianity is a prototype of Bolshevism: the mobilisation by the Jew of the masses of slaves with the object of undermining society. Thus one understands that the healthy elements of the Roman world were proof against this doctrine. Yet Rome to-day allows itself to reproach Bolshevism with having destroyed the Christian churches! As if Christianity hadn't behaved in the same way towards the pagan temples.
Hitler viewed Christianity as an invention of the Jews. Have you ever heard of the term Cultural Marxism? Yeah, it's an anti-semitic conspiracy theory that states that Jewish intellectuals are infiltrating Western institutions in order to destroy them. People who believe in that stuff think that things like the Queer rights movement, Feminism, racial equality, etc are being pushed into mainstream culture as a way to weaken Western society. It's a direct continuation
of the Cultural Bolshevism
propaganda pushed by Nazi Germany, in which...Jewish intellectuals were infiltrating German institutions to yadda yadda. Hitler viewed Christianity as another means through which Jewish people destroyed societies. It is the case that Christianity is a descendant of Judaism, and Hitler believed that it was Christianity that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. You can see this in the quote I have at the beginning of this post. Some key elements of the quote include the following.
In the long run, National Socialism and religion will no longer be able to exist together.
I can't emphasize this enough. Adolf Hitler viewed religion as antithetical to his ideology.
The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew.
Bolshevism is one of the biggest enemies of Nazi ideology. Hitler is describing here his beliefs regarding the conception of Bolshevism. It goes Judaism -> Christianity -> Bolshevism. The arrows don't really do the idea justice: Hitler actually believed that Jewish people developed Christianity
with the aim of destroying Roman society. He seeks to eliminate Judaism, Christianity, and Bolshevism.
Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. The result of the collapse of the Roman Empire was a night that lasted for centuries.
This is important, because it will lead us to develop the next idea. Adolf Hitler did
often touch upon a certain sense of spirituality, but it was with the specific goal of reviving indigenous Germanic mythology, rather than anything close to Christianity (which, I reemphasize: he absolutely despised and believed to be responsible for the fall of Roman society). Why is this important? Because Adolf Hitler wanted to develop a fully autonomous Aryan society, with its own language, genetics, history, and culture. Hitler viewed Christianity as a form of Jewish imperialism
. One that wiped out his people's true culture. As an aside, a lot of this stuff would later go on to inspire more contemporary white genocide conspiracy theories. Anyway, here's a relevant quote.
It seems to me that nothing would be more foolish than to re-establish the worship of Wotan. Our old mythology had ceased to be viable when Christianity implanted itself. Nothing dies unless it is moribund. At that period the ancient world was divided between the systems of philosophy and the worship of idols. It's not desirable that the whole of humanity should be stultified—and the only way of getting rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little. A movement like ours mustn't let itself be drawn into metaphysical digressions. It must stick to the spirit of exact science. It's not the Party's function to be a counterfeit for religion. If, in the course of a thousand or two thousand years, science arrives at the necessity of renewing its points of view, that will not mean that science is a liar. Science cannot lie, for it's always striving, according to the momentary state of knowledge, to deduce what is true. When it makes a mistake, it does so in good faith. It's Christianity that's the liar. It's in perpetual conflict with itself. One may ask whether the disappearance of Christianity would entail the disappearance of belief in God. That's not to be desired. The notion of divinity gives most men the opportunity to concretise the feeling they have of supernatural realities. Why should we destroy this wonderful power they have of incarnating the feeling for the divine that is within them? The man who lives in communion with nature necessarily finds himself in opposition to the Churches. And that's why they're heading for ruin—for science is bound to win. I especially wouldn't want our movement to acquire a religious character and institute a form of worship.
Wotan is a German name for the Germanic god Odin. While Hitler is expressing here that he does not want to simply revive these old traditions (I'll get to that later), it does corroborate the rest of what I said. Adolf Hitler was a hardcore Scientist. In fact, his ideology was a particularly violent culmination of Europe's developing Scientism, particularly the large body of work that had been done on what we now call scientific racism
. One of the biggest influences in Nazi ideology was French author Arthur De Gobineau
, who wrote the book Essay on the Inequality of Human Races
, which is widely considered to be one of the cornerstones of scientific racism, and was fundamental for the development of the idea of the Aryan master race. To quote the book,
"The word degenerate, when applied to a people, means that the people no longer has the same intrinsic value as it had before, because it has no longer the same blood in its veins, continual adulterations having gradually affected the quality of that blood....in fact, the man of a decadent time, the degenerate man properly so-called, is a different being from the racial point of view, from the heroes of the great ages....I think I am right in concluding that the human race in all its branches has a secret repulsion from the crossing of blood...."
- Arthur de Gobineau (1855) Essay on the Inequality of the Human Races.
I don't know if there's any historical confirmation on whether or not Hitler read this book, but he practically copypasted his entire ideology from its pages. Pay attention to the word "decadent." This word is used in conjunction with "degenerate," which you'll recall I discussed above. If degenerates were the ones causing European society to decay, said decay was a result of their decadence
. Decadence was seen as a sort of Hedonistic indulgence, whether it be through sexuality, substances, or...
Jewishness? Well, yes
. The Cultural Bolshevism conspiracy theory insisted that Jews were using art
to destroy German society. The Modernist artistic movement was labeled decadent by Nazi ideology, as it marked a transition from art as strictly representational to more abstract modalities. And guess who was thriving in that scene? Jews. So of course
Jewishness was decadent; after all, look at their art.
(I know I still haven't gotten to pre-Christian Germanic mythology. I'm getting there).
The point is that Jewish developments were decadent. It didn't matter what
they were. Or more often, weren't, since Nazi ideology even blamed Jews for the existence of gay people. And gay people were decadent because...people didn't like them, and their sex doesn't necessarily make children, and children are the future of the Aryan race. Or something. I gotta remind people here that I don't agree with any of this hogwash; I'm just telling you what the Nazis believed. Anyway, remember how Hitler viewed Christianity as a direct construction of the Jewish people? Yeah, so now Christianity and the Church are decadent in the eyes of Hitler. Think I'm making this up? Read this quote.
It is a great pity that this tendency towards religious thought can find no better outlet than the Jewish pettifoggery of the Old Testament. For religious people who, in the solitude of winter, continually seek ultimate light on their religious problems with the assistance of the Bible, must eventually become spiritually deformed. The wretched people strive to extract truths from these Jewish chicaneries, where in fact no truths exist. As a result they become embedded in some rut of thought or other and, unless they possess an exceptionally commonsense mind, degenerate into religious maniacs. It is deplorable that the Bible should have been translated into German, and that the whole of the German Folk should have thus become exposed to the whole of this Jewish mumbo jumbo. So long as the wisdom, particularly of the Old Testament, remained exclusively in the Latin of the Church, there was little danger that sensible people would become the victims of illusions as the result of studying the Bible. But since the Bible became common property, a whole heap of people have found opened to them lines of religious thought which—particularly in conjunction with the German characteristic of persistent and somewhat melancholy meditation—as often as not turned them into religious maniacs. When one recollects further that the Catholic Church has elevated to the status of Saints a whole number of madmen, one realises why movements such as that of the Flagellants came inevitably into existence in the Middle Ages in Germany. As a sane German, one is flabbergasted to think that German human beings could have let themselves be brought to such a pass by Jewish filth and priestly twaddle, that they were little different from the howling dervish of the Turks and the negroes, at whom we laugh so scornfully. It angers one to think that, while in other parts of the globe religious teaching like that of Confucius, Buddha and Mohammed offers an undeniably broad basis for the religious-minded, Germans should have been duped by a theological exposition devoid of all honest depth.
Trevor-Roper, Hugh, ed (2000). Hitler's Table Talk 1941-1944. Trans. N. Cameron and R.H. Stevens (3rd ed.). New York: Engima Books. LCC DD247.H5 A685 2000. ISBN 9781929631056. Midday 5 June 1942; p. 513.
Have I made this clear enough yet? Adolf Hitler hated Christianity
. He saw the church as an enemy of his ideology.
Okay, so we've readily established that Hitler wasn't a fan of the church. But I did mention that Hitler and the Nazis attempted to construct a neo-Germanic mythos. And this is true, because it was of dire importance that Hitler have a means utilize what he saw as the Aryan man's innate divinity. The Aryan race needed an origin story that not only separated the Aryan people from the degenerates, but elevated them
above the Jews, the Blacks, the Gays, etc. BigThink has a decent article on some of this here
. The long and short of it is as quoted.
Wiligut had developed a religion centered on worshipping the Germanic god Irmin. According to Wiligut, German culture dated back to 228,000 BC, a period of time when the Earth had three suns and was populated by giants, dwarfs, and other mythical creatures. He also claimed to be descended from a line of kings from this period of time. It should also be noted that Wiligut was a diagnosed schizophrenic.
Himmler was particularly attracted to Wiligut's brand of paganism, as he disliked the Judaic origins of Christianity. After the end of the WWII, Himmler believed that the "old Germanic gods will be restored." Leveraging his influence and his boss's desire to see a Germanic paganism, Wiligut attempted to stamp out competing philosophies to his Irminism.
In case you don't know, Himmler was one of Hitler's right-hand men. He and Hitler were huge influences on each other in terms of Nazi ideology, and Himmler was one of the key architects of the Holocaust. So we see here a common vein in Nazis and their ideology: Christianity was an aberration of Judaism, and as such must be eradicated from Aryan society.
So, finally, we can circle back to that quote we looked at earlier.
It seems to me that nothing would be more foolish than to re-establish the worship of Wotan. Our old mythology had ceased to be viable when Christianity implanted itself. Nothing dies unless it is moribund.
It's important to note that the definition of moribund is "(of a thing) in terminal decline; lacking vitality or vigor." So, Adolf Hitler was a huge believer in evolution. I am, too, but I'm not a racist about it. Hitler was, though. Point is: He believed that because indigenous Germanic mythology died out to Christianity, that it was bound to die sooner or later anyway. Hitler didn't personally adhere to any kind of Germanic religion, but there were points where he considered it ideologically advantageous to encourage its development over Christianity.
At that period the ancient world was divided between the systems of philosophy and the worship of idols. It's not desirable that the whole of humanity should be stultified—and the only way of getting rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.
This is self-explanatory.
A movement like ours mustn't let itself be drawn into metaphysical digressions. It must stick to the spirit of exact science.
Yeah, so Adolf Hitler was a super hardcore Scientist. I really want to stress here that Scientism isn't just a respect for science. To quote Wikipedia
Scientism is the promotion of science as the best or only objective means by which society should determine normative and epistemological values.
And while I would disagree with this mentality, I wouldn't say that Hitler's Scientism is in any way typical of Scientism today. But
it was a very important aspect of Hitler's ideology: Recall all that stuff about scientific racism? It was important that Hitler had a scientific and rigorous foundation to his racist ideas. The reason why is a little involved, and has to do with the Enlightenment philosophies of the time. We don't have time to get into that here so you'll have to look into that on your own. The point is that Hitler's epistemology was deeply and entirely scientific. At no point did religion factor into his personal views.
It's Christianity that's the liar. It's in perpetual conflict with itself. One may ask whether the disappearance of Christianity would entail the disappearance of belief in God. That's not to be desired. The notion of divinity gives most men the opportunity to concretise the feeling they have of supernatural realities. Why should we destroy this wonderful power they have of incarnating the feeling for the divine that is within them?
So this is what I was getting at earlier. Hitler (obviously) was completely enamored with the Aryan race, and he believed them to possess a sort of divinity, insofar as they were elevated and distinguished among humanity: The master race.
The man who lives in communion with nature necessarily finds himself in opposition to the Churches. And that's why they're heading for ruin—for science is bound to win. I especially wouldn't want our movement to acquire a religious character and institute a form of worship. It would be appalling for me.
"But look at all these times Hitler talked about God and Jesus!"
Yeah, sure, and Donald Trump loves to give speeches at churches.
This post is long enough as-is, so I'll just go ahead and quote Wikipedia.
In Hitler's early political statements, he attempted to express himself to the German public as a Christian. In his book Mein Kampf and in public speeches prior to and in the early years of his rule, he described himself as a Christian. Hitler and the Nazi party promoted "Positive Christianity", a movement which rejected most traditional Christian doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus, as well as Jewish elements such as the Old Testament. In one widely quoted remark, he described Jesus as an "Aryan fighter" who struggled against "the power and pretensions of the corrupt Pharisees" and Jewish materialism.
While a small minority of historians accept these publicly stated views as genuine expressions of his spirituality, the vast majority believe that Hitler was skeptical of religion and anti-Christian, but recognized that he could only be elected and preserve his political power if he feigned a commitment to and belief in Christianity, which the overwhelming majority of Germans believed in. Privately, Hitler repeatedly deprecated Christianity, and told confidants that his reluctance to make public attacks on the Church was not a matter of principle, but a pragmatic political move. In his private diaries, Goebbels wrote in April 1941 that though Hitler was "a fierce opponent" of the Vatican and Christianity, "he forbids me to leave the church. For tactical reasons." Hitler's remarks to confidants, as described in the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer, and transcripts of Hitler's private conversations recorded by Martin Bormann in Hitler's Table Talk, are further evidence of his irreligious and anti-Christian beliefs; these sources record a number of private remarks in which Hitler ridicules Christian doctrine as absurd, contrary to scientific advancement, and socially destructive.
Once in office, Hitler and his regime sought to reduce the influence of Christianity on society. From the mid-1930s, his government was increasingly dominated by militant anti-church proponents like Goebbels, Bormann, Himmler, Rosenberg and Heydrich whom Hitler appointed to key posts. These anti-church radicals were generally permitted or encouraged to perpetrate the Nazi persecutions of the churches. The regime launched an effort toward coordination of German Protestants under a unified Protestant Reich Church (but this was resisted by the Confessing Church), and moved early to eliminate political Catholicism. Hitler agreed to the Reich concordat with the Vatican, but then routinely ignored it, and permitted persecutions of the Catholic Church. Smaller religious minorities faced harsher repression, with the Jews of Germany expelled for extermination on the grounds of Nazi racial ideology. Jehovah's Witnesses were ruthlessly persecuted for refusing both military service and allegiance to Hitler's movement. Hitler said he anticipated a coming collapse of Christianity in the wake of scientific advances, and that Nazism and religion could not co-exist long term. Although he was prepared to delay conflicts for political reasons, historians conclude that he ultimately intended the destruction of Christianity in Germany, or at least its distortion or subjugation to a Nazi outlook.
Look, if what you're saying is contradicting Wikipedia, then you're probably just wrong.
submitted by did_i_fall_asleep
to DebateReligion [link] [comments]
2020.04.20 05:48 recessbadger45 BREAKING: 2021 4⭐️ SG Julian Roper has locked in a May 4th commitment date. One of the most coveted prospects in America and a premier two-way guard.
2020.04.08 18:44 seikoturtle FRANKLY IN LOVE - David Yoon (September 2019 BOTM)
Good easy mindless read. Usually in tough times I look for a book that is light and easy to read. Especially now with the economic uncertainty and current lockdown situation resulting from CV.
If you enjoyed “Permanent Record” by Mary H.K. Choi (September 2019 BOTM) there is a good chance you will enjoy this as well.
Teen Love story that takes place during Frank Li’s Senior year of highschool in Southern California. So prepare yourself for SAT talk, slang, and modern meme references. As the son of Korean immigrants the Korean culture is heavily imprinted in his life. He falls for an American girl, who he has to date in secret because his parents want him to date a Korean girl. Frank's sister Hanna, married a non-korean and was practically disowned by her parents. To prevent that from happening, Frank decides to “fake date” a family friend whose parents also arrived in America from Korea around the same time as Frank's Parents did. Not quite the happiest ending like we have in “How Not To Die Alone” - Richard Roper (May 2019 BOTM) but it is not a cliffhanger, so at least that's good.
I recommend this book if you are looking for an easy read to either get back into reading or just escape from the current CV Situation.
Tip; Read the last paragraph in the acknowledgements, I usually skim them, but this time the last paragraph really hit.
Next BOTM I read; DAISY JONES & THE SIX - Taylor Jenkins Reid (March 2019 BOTM)
Did you read Frankly in Love? What are your thoughts, lets discuss!
submitted by seikoturtle
to bookofthemonthclub [link] [comments]